🔧 BUILD Jeff's 2020 Twister Orange Mustang | Whipple Powa

General Information

I am now the 3rd owner of this 1,960 mile 2020 Twister Orange cookie cutter GT. It is a premium 401a car with performance pack, A10, active exhaust, Recaro seats, and the Bang & Olufson sound system. Car has the digital instrument cluster which I love!

A little history on the car....first owner bought the car and brought it to Lebanon Ford @122 miles. Lebanon Ford then installed a Whipple stage 2 kit, id1050x injectors, MMR billet oil pump and crank gears, and the Corsa active exhaust. This owner sold the car in May of last year with about 700 miles.

Owner 2 is a total gear head. Guy has worked for ZF Group for 25+ years and his hobby is building street cars. The shop he had on his property was fricken awesome. Id say it was about 50' x 100' and had 3 lifts with an upstairs office loft. Anyways, this guy bought the car and installed a Fore fuel system, 3.15 pumpkin, TSP longtubes, and some BMR vertical links and cradle lockout. He then had Lund tune it with an nGuage. Says he had it at the track in October and it went 9.8 @ 146 on a 2nd gear leave.

My immediate plans are to lower it about an inch, and get some street wheels. I kept my old Billet Specialties drag setup so Im good there. Next winter I'll have the A10 built and turn it up a bit.

970D4FA7-D057-4AB6-A458-96384A210931.jpeg
B7EDE914-BDDA-416E-B81C-6D577636308A.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
You didn't like the price on the Signature wheels. How did they compare to the HRE wheels? I thought HRE wheels were basically as expensive as wheels come. haha
These HRE's are MUCH more affordable than Signature. Mainly because they're flow formed like Drew mentioned.

Just thinking the Sig thing through....Over $7k for a wheel/tire package on a Mustang GT is a touch looney, right? lol

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
These HRE's are MUCH more affordable than Signature. Mainly because they're flow formed like Drew mentioned.

Just thinking the Sig thing through....Over $7k for a wheel/tire package on a Mustang GT is a touch looney, right? lol
You are looking at HRE and not buying forged wheels. Just go buy your G6R if you're buying knockoffs. :rofl:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
You are looking at HRE and not buying forged wheels. Just go buy your G6R if you're buying knockoffs. :rofl:
Lol you're not even making sense now. You bought the cheapest forged wheels on the market once upon a time...congrats! I looked at the VS Forged wheels and none of them look as good as anything I've posted from HRE imposter series.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Here’s the new FF21 wheels on a Mustang.

They look okay to me, but they don't have that HRE look except for the center cap saying who makes them. I know they are a cheaper version, i just feel like that don't have that pop, high end wheels tend to give, It could them being in black drowns out the lines, as well, maybe a hyper silver may help.

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
They look okay to me, but they don't have that HRE look except for the center cap saying who makes them. I know they are a cheaper version, i just feel like that don't have that pop, high end wheels tend to give, It could them being in black drowns out the lines, as well, maybe a hyper silver may help.
Yea I agree. Not a bad looking wheel, but I keep going back to the FF11 as it has kind of a sharper design. I’ve wanted that wheel for awhile now so I think I found the winner. Not sure if my car can pull off the liquid silver that I’d order them in, but I’m no stranger to having things powder coated.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Yea I agree. Not a bad looking wheel, but I keep going back to the FF11 as it has kind of a sharper design. I’ve wanted that wheel for awhile now so I think I found the winner. Not sure if my car can pull off the liquid silver that I’d order them in, but I’m no stranger to having things powder coated.
GLADIATOR GLADIATOR LLC can paint them for you, while they’re still on the car!

Thread Info