Jeep Dealers Are Really Slashing Prices On 2020 Gladiators

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
None of that is better in my opinion. Some people like that, but I don't buy vehicles to have the next best thing. I'm much more impressed with tried and true. When you say "new tech", I hear "new problems". I don't have time for that. My daily just needs to work comfortably and reliably, so that I can work on fun stuff.

I’ve had my 19 Tacoma for a year next month and it hasn’t missed a beat, not a rattle or squeak and no dash lights thru 13500 miles. Does it lack boost yes but I don’t beat on my truck and I get 25-26 mpg everyday to work. To me it’s just a daily that’s dependable and won’t break with all the gadgets.

Reactions: v6buicks

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
A good buddy of mine bought a brand new CCLB '14 Tacoma, drove it for two years, and sold it for the same price he paid. It's insane.

My residual was like 78% or 82% I forget for 27mos and my payment is smaller than some peoples phone bill or insurance payment every month. I couldn’t say no

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I’ve had my 19 Tacoma for a year next month and it hasn’t missed a beat, not a rattle or squeak and no dash lights thru 13500 miles. Does it lack boost yes but I don’t beat on my truck and I get 25-26 mpg everyday to work. To me it’s just a daily that’s dependable and won’t break with all the gadgets.

Oh yeah, resale on Taco's are insane, no doubt. But the "tech" in the Colorado's and other mid-sizers is not really cutting edge...they all have tried and true motor/engine combos, and Sync on the Ford has seemed to gotten over its initial bumps. And the resale of those mid-sizers is nothing to sneeze at either.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
They built up a lot of value over the years when competition was sparse and not very competitive. Also there are a couple decades of [for the most part] Toyota reliability, and a ridiculously huge aftermarket. I'm not sure how resale is calculated (is it actual sale price vs resale price, or is it MSRP vs resale price?) but people generally pay way closer to sticker on a Taco than e.g. a Colorado. Regardless the Taco holds its value way better than the competition, but I wonder how that'll trend now that there are more competitors and less forward motion by Toyota.

Also TW is the best forum for the midsizers hands-down as far as entertainment value goes. So there's that.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
They built up a lot of value over the years when competition was sparse and not very competitive. Also there are a couple decades of [for the most part] Toyota reliability, and a ridiculously huge aftermarket. I'm not sure how resale is calculated (is it actual sale price vs resale price, or is it MSRP vs resale price?) but people generally pay way closer to sticker on a Taco than e.g. a Colorado. Regardless the Taco holds its value way better than the competition, but I wonder how that'll trend now that there are more competitors and less forward motion by Toyota.

Also TW is the best forum for the midsizers hands-down as far as entertainment value goes. So there's that.

I mean, if you read Reddit, if you buy anything other than a Toyota product, no matter what it is, you're an idiot. People just don't care that other trucks are leaps and bounds better and cheaper.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I think it's a real good truck. I just didn't like the seating position or behavior of the Atkinson 3.5. Plus no deals were to be had really when I was looking. It was a pain in the ass just to get a test drive on a MT and in the end I think you couldn't get it with the combo/trim I wanted (ACLB, either OR or Bro) so it was easy to strike off the list. I definitely wouldn't consider it a bad truck by any means but it's not like I got to live with it for a while, so my opinion's about worth $.02.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Okay, I'll bite. How is a Tacoma so bad? I literally know of 0 reasons.

Topic is beat to death on every forum. TFL has done in depth comparisons and throw the Ridgeline into the mix as it is a mid size truck too.

Tacoma - looks good, reliable, great resale but lacks a bit in tech if you care. If you don’t, then a great choice and enjoy many trouble free miles.

Consider test driving the midsize truck segment and see which is the best fit.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
A MT comparison test between it, the Ranger, the Colorado and the vaunted Ridgeline;

In last place is the supremely disappointing Toyota Tacoma. The Tacoma is all hat and no cattle; it looks fantastic, but whether you haul air or hay, it's let down by a cramped cabin, narrow bed, grabby brakes, and an engine and transmission that work in tandem about as well as a pack of cats and dogs.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Gotta say after going to a couple dealerships the idea that they are "dropping" the price on these is utter bullshit. We were going to be at just shy of $60K all in! No real incentives or anything. Maybe stuff changed but man I didn't see the discounts.
When you read into the so-called deals it's really only for a couple cars on the lot that nobody wants. However, most of the dealers I've looked at are doing "employee pricing for all" which is not a huge discount and some form of 0% financing. Every bit helps, but I agree that it's way over hyped. Great marketing. Lol

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
This seems well priced and loaded up.

Screenshot_20200729-190759_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Blood on Blood

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
My son had an 18 Jeep 4 door. The suspension was soft enough but it was spartan getting in and out of. Extended highway noise was annoying.

I have been window shopping the Diesel ZR2 hard. I test drive one and the shocks make it the best ride I have felt in a long time. They are expensive and the daysels are rare and hard to find. I found a couple of used low miles ones, but they sell fast. Something about GM interior knobs that turn me off but I could deal with them if I found a doosel.

The ranger is nice. I only sat in one but very comfy and looks nice inside and out. Wicked deals on 2019 but for me would have to be a lariat. They had 0 for 84 on the ranger and took the deal away. There are still 2019 units on dealer lots with rusty brake rotors. I would think they need to clear them out with 2021 models already popping up???

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
My son had an 18 Jeep 4 door. The suspension was soft enough but it was spartan getting in and out of. Extended highway noise was annoying.

I have been window shopping the Diesel ZR2 hard. I test drive one and the shocks make it the best ride I have felt in a long time. They are expensive and the daysels are rare and hard to find. I found a couple of used low miles ones, but they sell fast. Something about GM interior knobs that turn me off but I could deal with them if I found a doosel.

The ranger is nice. I only sat in one but very comfy and looks nice inside and out. Wicked deals on 2019 but for me would have to be a lariat. They had 0 for 84 on the ranger and took the deal away. There are still 2019 units on dealer lots with rusty brake rotors. I would think they need to clear them out with 2021 models already popping up???
Yikes on the '19 Rangers. :oops: I'm not terribly surprised. Although they seem to be well equipped, they just look super utilitarian, and it doesn't get much better as you go up in trim level. I wouldn't mind test driving one myself, but I don't know squat about how long the 4 cyl ecoboost and ten speed will survive in the truck. Judging by sales, I may never get solid feedback on that. Even if I did, I don't think I could look past the wimpy looks of the truck inside or out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info