Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Picked this up for 40 bucks. Enjoying it so far (maybe 2 hours in).

Quick thoughts:

Good:
  • The soundtrack is Star Wars through and through. Love it.
  • The voice acting by the supporting cast is fantastic. Really enjoying listening to them.
  • Once you learn that you can't button mash (well you can, but its not going to win battles), the combat is actually pretty deep. Its frustrating early on, but I'm starting to get the swing of things and enjoying it more and more.
  • For every direct path, there are at least 2 others begging you to explore them, which I happily do.
  • The audio overall is great as well.
  • The story so far, is more interesting than the current movies :rofl:
  • The character models are amazing. Cal especially (and the captain of the ship).

The not so good:
  • Cameron Monaghan's voice acting leaves a lot to be desired. He has glimmers of greatness but overall, hes mostly void of any personality. About what I was expecting as I never really liked him in Shameless.
  • The game drops frames WAY more than it should. It actually mostly happens at random times when nothing is actually happening on screen. Luckily I havent had any slowdown during combat, so thats nice.
  • This isnt really a knock against the game but I was kind of expecting a bit more "big budget", especially given the slowdown experienced.
I'll come back and update this as I put more hours into it.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
elBc39v.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Played thru the first part of the game finally. Got to the "vault" and did that. The opening of the game was pretty sweet. Felt pretty much like Nathan Drake w/ a lightsaber :LOL: There's so much to explore in the area where you have to get to the vault, but it's frustrating because you can see paths you know you can take to explore areas, but you don't have the damn abilities to reach them yet. I don't feel much like a jedi yet. I can slow things down sometimes! Also kept getting killed by those big damn lizard things.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm towards the end I'm guessing. Game is adequate... Probably the nicest thing I can say. It doesn't do anything particularly well, but it's not bad either.

The combat is far less engaging that I was expecting. I just force push or pull everything and dodge around.

The act of having to back track all the time is lazy. Super lazy. It helps hide the pretty boring level designs.

I havent bothered doing any side stuff because again, I have to backtrack through multiple floors of a "dungeon" and it's tedious.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Alright thats enough for today. Why is this game so frustrating. Seriously considering just putting it on story mode. Being a jedi is supposed to be fun. I've been playing for hours now and I still can't even force push. And the wildlife in this game, any of it, fuck it all!! This is why I don't play dark souls games. ?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
i still dont know why digital isnt cheaper than physical in most cases these days. I thought that was the whole point. $$$ I guess. Played more today. I still like, but the combat just does nothing for me. A game like this should have been way more polished than it actually is. I will continue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info