Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm on the fence. These are the reviews so far. Digging into them, the game has some technical issues, and the main character is boring as fuck. I guess its also far more like Tomb Raider or Uncharted, which is slightly surprising.

I might sign back up for EA Access.....is this gonna be on Access?

Jedi: Fallen Order is a flawed, sometimes messy game, but it’s a Star Wars experience I didn’t know I wanted. And after finishing it, I definitely want more.

t’s been ages since we got a great single-player Star Wars action game, but Jedi: Fallen Order makes up for a lot of lost time. A strong cast sells a dark story while keeping things fun and loyal to Star Wars lore, and fast, challenging combat mixes with energetic platforming, decent puzzles, and diverse locations to explore for an all-around amazing game.

But given the state of of Star Wars games over the past decade or so, a good-but-not-amazing single-player adventure is something of a miracle. Those issues I mentioned can be frustrating, but they’re also worth putting up with given how much Fallen Order gets right: the intense and open lightsaber combat, the clever puzzles, the intricate level design, a universe just dripping with history and intrigue. This is what I want from a Star Wars game — and Fallen Order gives me just enough to satiate that long-ignored need.

With the skillful, dynamic gameplay and the lukewarm story in the Star Wars timeline taken into consideration, the question of how this game holds up becomes a two-part query: is it a good game, and is it a good Star Wars game? The answer to the first question is an easy one. Heavy on adventure and cinematic style, Fallen Order is absolutely a game worth anyone’s time if you’ve got even an inkling of interest in Star Wars. You won’t feel left behind, thanks to the new characters, if you’re less familiar with Star Wars, and those who know the fandom inside and out will pick up on clever nods and filled-in blanks. You could remove the Star Wars wrappings and it’d still be a fantastic experience which could be construed as both a positive and a negative. So many Star Wars experiences are based off prior exposure now that it’d be nearly impossible for one person to have the same experience with this story as another, but even if you knock the story, everything else about the game is solid and worth your time.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order looks and often feels like a generic Star Wars adventure, but Respawn elevates it nearly every step of the way. One doesn't necessarily expect a story about space wizards and evil empires to feel resonant, but this does, and it does so in a way that not many pieces of big-budget media do. Fallen Order is a game about confronting your past and fighting for the future when you don't know if that future is ever going to get better. That feels timely, and wrapped around that idea, the rest of the game just sings. If Fallen Order was connected to the Force, it would radiate power.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Only a few hours in and so far I don’t hate it. It’s kind of like Metro Exodus, its not totally free world but you can explore the areas you are at and could potentially miss loot if you don’t. The combat controls are difficult for me so far for some reason. I think the fighting style is just different than I’m used to. Can’t just button mash and use the force through everything. You need to have good timing and block/dodge/parry correctly or you die quickly. I did put it on a harder setting so that could be part of it. The story so far alone will keep me playing but I think I’ll once I get up in the talent tree and because more powerful it will be lots of fun.

Reactions: nytebyte

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Just started the game too and it's pretty good. They should've named it "Tomb Raider - Star Wars Edition".
It steals a LOT of gameplay cues from Tomb Raider, which is a good thing. The gameplay is solid.

Also, it does NOT require 32GB of RAM like some articles were saying. When the game is running, its working set is under 3GB and it could probably run on a computer which only has 8GB of RAM. It doesn't use much GPU or CPU power either. I'm running it at 1080p at 144Hz with all the graphics options cranked and it's totally smooth with a steady frame rate.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I'm an overly critical asshole on a lot of things... So that is probably accurate.

So am I, especially on games. Games of quality like this don't come around too often, so I think it's worth buying, but yeah, definitely wait for a black Friday deal. Never pay full price for a game since they always eventually go on sale.

The gameplay is basically Tomb Raider style, so if you like that, you'll probably like this too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info