šŸ“° Auto News Jay Leno Seriously Burned in Car Fire in His Garage: Report

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

The comedian was reportedly hospitalized with burns to his face after a car caught fire in his garage on Sunday

Jay Leno, comedian and automotive enthusiast icon, is in a Los Angeles burn center after reportedly suffering serious burns to his face. TMZ reports that Leno was in his L.A. garage and storage facility on Sunday, November 13th, when one of his vintage cars burst into flames ā€œwithout warning.ā€ The site reports that Leno suffered serious burns to the left side of his face, though the burns did not seem to affect his eye or ear.

Leno was taken to Grossman Burn Center where he remains. Right now, his condition is unknown, but the 72-year-old has canceled all of his engagements for the rest of the week.
We do not know where the fire originated, though Leno keeps more than 180 cars and around 160 motorcycles in his collection in L.A.

This is a breaking story, and Jalopnik will update with any new developments.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

Jay Leno revealed he suffered third-degree burns and may need skin grafts after a 115-year-old car burst into flames in his famous LA garage, where he was rescued by a quick-thinking friend.

The ā€œTonight Showā€ host told TMZ he was fixing a clogged fuel line Saturday on his 1907 White Steam Car when gasoline sprayed on his face and hands.

Almost simultaneously, a spark then triggered an explosion, setting the 72-year-old car enthusiast on fire.

Leno told the outlet that his buddy, Dave, quickly smothered the flames, preventing even more severe injuries.

The comedian was rushed to the Grossman Burn Center and treated for third-degree burns, which may require skin grafts,

On Monday, Leno told The Post: ā€œI got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.ā€

Sources had told TMZ that the explosion severely burned the left side of Lenoā€™s face, but did not seriously injure his eye or ear.

Leno, who has reportedly canceled his engagements for two weeks, told the outlet that he expected to remain hospitalized for up to 10 days.

Concern for the funnyman started Sunday night after he did not show up to a scheduled appearance at the Financial Brand Forum 2022 in Las Vegas due to a ā€œvery serious medical emergency.ā€

In June, US News & World Report said Lenoā€™s car collection included over 180 vehicles, including exotic cars, hypercars, and museum-grade artifacts

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Update, including how the fire started.

ā€œThe fuel line was clogged so I was underneath it. It sounded clogged and I said, ā€˜Blow some air through the line,ā€™ and so he did,ā€ Leno, an avid car collector,recalled to Kotb. ā€œAnd suddenly, boom, I got a face full of gas. And then the pilot light jumped and my face caught on fire.ā€

The ā€œJay Lenoā€™s Garageā€ star said he told Killackey, ā€œDave, Iā€™m on fire,ā€ to which his friend at first simply responded, ā€œAll right.ā€
ā€œI said, ā€˜No, Dave, Iā€™m on fire.ā€™ And then, ā€˜Oh, my God,ā€™ā€ Leno added. ā€œDave, my friend, pulled me out and jumped on top of me and kind of smothered the fire.ā€

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info