IMG_2655.JPG

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I'm curious if Carl takes a different approach on clutches and things like that? When I asked my buddy about doing up a trans for my '10, he said they basically did a stock rebuild, so I thought if that was the case I might as well just buy a low mile stock takeout and swap that when the time comes.
there is a bunch of stuff avalible to upgrade them now. wasnt really the case a couple years ago.
i would just say if youre going to do it, get it done before it comes apart, and youre forced to get hard parts.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Finally got the car back together and took it for a drive this weekend. Carl did a fantastic job with the transmission, the car shifts great!

Looking forward to finally cruising this thing all over town!

Unfortunately the radio took a shit so I’ll most likely be putting in an aftermarket unit here shortly and swapping out the steering wheel for something that doesn’t look like it came out of a cobalt.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Bose amp might have taken a shit
Yeah I have a base 1LT non-bose, so I'll be troubleshooting this weekend.

I have the non-nav stereo so I'm looking at replacing that with something that has apple car play. I may wind up fixing the amp if that's the issue and then still replacing the head unit with a pioneer/alpine/kenwood stereo.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Not sure what you mean by that… but no, literally it’s not outputting any sound to the speakers anymore.
During a power disconnect most oe radio HU require you to enter a code sequence before they will function.
it's an anti-theft feature in a lot of GM vehicles I'm not sure about your year and make but it's there for ya to check on.

Look through your owner's manual/users guide. Sometimes you're lucky and someone wrote it down in there but otherwise you call the dealer and give them your VIN and some other owner info and they will give you the code.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
During a power disconnect most oe radio HU require you to enter a code sequence before they will function.
it's an anti-theft feature in a lot of GM vehicles I'm not sure about your year and make but it's there for ya to check on.

Look through your owner's manual/users guide. Sometimes you're lucky and someone wrote it down in there but otherwise you call the dealer and give them your VIN and some other owner info and they will give you the code.

It’s a blown fuse in the engine fuse box, problem solved. Still getting an aftermarket stereo though. I want apple car play.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
I need something like that in my C5. Very nice unit

It’s probably not worth what it costs but the corvette interior is terrible… and even worse on a 1LT. Doing what I can to make the interior as enjoyable as the exterior. This car will be in my hands for a very long time.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
It’s probably not worth what it costs but the corvette interior is terrible… and even worse on a 1LT. Doing what I can to make the interior as enjoyable as the exterior. This car will be in my hands for a very long time.

In the pic you posted above your seats look do be in good shape. I’ve never been able to like the c6 radio display with nav or w/out and most of the times the seats are all cracked and look beat to shit even on low mileage vettes. The steering wheel is a great start and like u said a new radio will make it sound and look better.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
In the pic you posted above your seats look do be in good shape. I’ve never been able to like the c6 radio display with nav or w/out and most of the times the seats are all cracked and look beat to shit even on low mileage vettes. The steering wheel is a great start and like u said a new radio will make it sound and look better.

Drivers side could use a seat cover and rebuild kit, there’s a few spots where the leather is starting to rip at the seam, but all in all, the car is in great shape for having over 100k miles.

Thread Info