Time to guess!

Back in an LS car ??[emoji1305]??

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2655.JPG

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
This and call it a day. Had one on my TH400 turbo T/A and it never had one issue in hot weather. If it can cool a TH400 with a stall and no lock up, it will cool your modern trans

Kinda shocked you go to those temps, esp with overdrive lock up

View attachment 99403

I think it’s more of an issue with location of the trans cooler. I left the car at my girlfriends over the weekend barely limping it back to her place.

I towed it home tonight and I’ll start tearing into it tomorrow to see what cooler is in the car, location and if it’s got a fan on it or not.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
This cooler wasn’t done by speed inc was it?

Still too soon to say that? Lol

Not touching that one…

On another note I’m anxiously awaiting HPT to arrive today, I’m ready to scan the car, look at what dummy codes got thrown and log some data to see wtf is going on.

Worst case scenario if it’s what I think it is, I’ll be starting tear down tonight to drop the rear cradle and pull the trans.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
HP Tuners arrived today, of course it was a P0700 as I expected which signifies issues with the 6L80E.

I reset the codes and went for a quick cruise and it appears I have all gears, it must have just gone into limp mode when it threw the code to avoid further damage.

Took it for a rip and it seemed to shift pretty fine with the trans very cool < 150 degrees.

Next steps are going to be draining the fluid for a visual inspection and drop the pan to look for shineys!

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Carl@Redline

El Experto De Transmiciones
TCG Sponsor
Oct 21, 2019
Batavia
Real Name
Carl
Oh I’m almost confident it is hurt, draining the fluid and pulling the pan should confirm it. If that’s the case I’ll pull it and most likely have it built by Tim King.

Tim is great, but I've had a couple of his builds apart, and they're nothing exotic. Also, both were hurt at less HP than they were "rated" to handle. In all reality, there are really only like 3 places that sell the good hard parts, so its all about details.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Tim is great, but I've had a couple of his builds apart, and they're nothing exotic. Also, both were hurt at less HP than they were "rated" to handle. In all reality, there are really only like 3 places that sell the good hard parts, so its all about details.
Ask daturbosix daturbosix what my GTP "Tim King Built" trans looked like back when he had the car.

(assuming its the same person)

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Tim is a nice guy from my dealings with him. I can’t hate on him because the 4t65ehd is a shitty transmission, but mine grenaded itself as well.
He built mine, I took it to the track (maybe days later) and the input shaft snapped...because he put in the shit one and not the good one. Trans was taken apart and iirc, daturbosix daturbosix said everything looked stock.

Thread Info