Time to guess!

Back in an LS car ??[emoji1305]??

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2655.JPG

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Of course as with any project I've tackled with cars, you take one thing apart and find a few other things that need attention... I've been aware the splitter has been sagging a bit on the front bumper, so I took this opportunity with the bumper off to remove the splitter and found some of the clip nuts had snapped off the fiberglass bumper. Dropped the bumper off at the body shop this morning for repair and once I get it back I'll be finalizing the install of the headlights and fog lights.

In the meantime this week, I'm tackling cleaning a ton of stuff with simple green, just to give the car the attention it needs as there's a ton of build-up of dirt and grime during the life of 100k+ miles that have been put on the car.

Started cleaning some of the plastic pieces yesterday, and worked my way to the underside of the car and saw a pretty sizeable oil leak. The entire pan is coated with oil... Not sure if its coming from the front timing cover or if its the pan itself, but it looks like its going to be a pretty big project if I have to drop the pan and put a new seal on it since the front K-Member will need to be dropped. I'm really debating if I want to tackle that in the garage on jack stands or if I'm going to have Roman Performance handle that work. My wallet says I should do the work myself, but my head is telling me I should have them take care of it and save the headache of dropping the K-Member without having a lift at the house.

Once all those items are taken care of, I'm going to be ordering a set of Menscer double adjustable coil overs for the front and rear and start getting the car lined out to get back to racing here in 2024.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Spent the entire day on the road to/from Akron, Ohio today. Found a hell of a deal on the same RK Sport Cowl hood I had on my old vette. For now it’s on, but need a second hand with adjusting it. Here’s what she looks like and what it looked like on my old C6.

Can’t beat the deal I got, these are $1500+ with shipping new and I scored this for $650, $120 in fuel, and 12 hours in the truck in which I wanted to catch up on some JRE podcasts anyways!

WINNING!

IMG_4642.jpeg

IMG_0229.jpeg

IMG_0244.jpeg

IMG_0243.jpeg

IMG_0185.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg

IMG_0182.jpeg

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Spent the entire day on the road to/from Akron, Ohio today. Found a hell of a deal on the same RK Sport Cowl hood I had on my old vette. For now it’s on, but need a second hand with adjusting it. Here’s what she looks like and what it looked like on my old C6.

Can’t beat the deal I got, these are $1500+ with shipping new and I scored this for $650, $120 in fuel, and 12 hours in the truck in which I wanted to catch up on some JRE podcasts anyways!

WINNING!

View attachment 195190

View attachment 195187

View attachment 195188

View attachment 195189

View attachment 195191

View attachment 195192

View attachment 195193
I really like that hood....ALOT

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Moimoto gen 2 tail lights arrived today, I opted for not connecting them to the reverse lights, but here’s what they look like… couldn’t be happier with the service and products from vette-lights!

View attachment 195692
View attachment 195691
Cole at Vettelights is hands down one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with.

Reactions: JBruno88

Thread Info