Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Asshole, who sleeps this late

----------------------------------------------------------------

symptoms are as follows...
-charger belt/pensioner broke and sent the belt flying
-another shop repaired that
-now it will start then immediately die like your turning the key to off, 5 seconds later
-no current or previous codes
-limited data(so says the previous shop)
-no change when unplugging maf, iac, iat, map, tps
-we have fuel pressure with KOEO, once started, when it dies, fuel pressure drops off... is something telling the pump to turn off???

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
jamesknows2.png

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Things to check/ places to look with those symptoms in mind:

Vacuum Tee under blower snout

Ground on strut tower under fuse box

Fuse box itself, fuses may be ok, but the wires under/inside may have been hit :dunno:

Wire Harness, it runs both behind the motor (level with PS pump IIRC) and over the radiator in line with the belt.

ICM and ICM harness as it runs in belt area

Crank Pos Sensor and Cam Pos Sensor, also in belt area.

Hope that helps.

[MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION]

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
so i can keep it running if i attempt to hover RPMs around 3000... it still lurches, but i can keep it alive. but it REAKS of fuel while doing this.

no changes with unplugging maf, iac, iat, tps, map.
plug wires are on correctly
no blown fuses
no damage to wiring harness
backside of fuse panel looks untouched
ICM and ICM harness look untouched

havent checked the vacuum line yet, or cam/crank.
but it still starts quick, highly doubt cam/crank problem.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I don't see where the symptoms were listed but with the limited info I do see my first instinct would be to pull fuse 21 under hood and verify that's good, especially if unplugging the MAF isn't having any affect.

It's been a while but if I remember correctly the MAF shares a common ground with a lot of the other sensors there.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
It starts normally, then 5 seconds later cuts out as if u clicked the key off, but if I tickle the throttle to about 3000rpm it will stay running(but surge) until I stop, then die like turning the key off, and when I do that there is a STRONG fuel smell

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
It starts normally, then 5 seconds later cuts out as if u clicked the key off, but if I tickle the throttle to about 3000rpm it will stay running(but surge) until I stop, then die like turning the key off, and when I do that there is a STRONG fuel smell

fuel pressure regulator? check the oil level and see how high up the stick it is from washing the cylinders with fuel. thats a good indicator it went bad.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
just for shits ground the bolt on the trans that has a few ground wires on it to the body of the car a nice clean spot, just a couple aligator clip jumper wires should do, make sure the battery ground is bonded to the block and the block to the body, i had a bad ground that acted like that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info