Jalapeno Infused Tequila "Peach Fire"

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Time to slice up some jalapenos and drop them into the Cabo Wabo Blanco. I'll let them sit a day or two and then strain the peppers out. Result is jalapeno infused tequila which adds more and different kick than regular tequila.

I'm going to use it to make a peach, basil, jalapeno infused tequila drink. I want to copy a drink I had up in Sarasota at MADE Restaurant. I know most of the ingredients but still have to play with the sweetness and club soda to see if I can match the flavor of the restaurant drink.

I'll update the pics after I get the drink perfected.

BTW, I bought the Peligroso because it was on sale for $19.99 and I had to see how good a 100% agave, anejo tequila can be when they sell it for under $20. Supposedly it's regularly double that. We'll see. Reviews on my phone were good but I haven't tried it yet. Not expecting Don Julio quality.

Zor4GOn.jpg

I don't have a jar big enough so we'll go with this. Stirred it up and placed it in a cupboard. Sleep well little tequila surprise.

6rDDtkm.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I only put two jalapenos in because that's supposedly a moderate amount. I'll check it tomorrow and see if it's hot enough or if it needs another day.

When I tried the first sip of the restaurant drink, it was one of those WOW! moments. So much flavor in that sip that my taste buds were saying Whoopie!

I'm going to muddle some peach and basil in a glass, add the tequila and some club soda then try it. I'll adjust the sweetness by adding simple syrup if needed. Should be agave nectar but they didn't have any at the store.

Hopefully, I get the flavor right while I'm still upright. Experiments like this need thorough tasting.

Restaurant served the drink with a slice of fresh jalapeno and a basil leaf on a swizzle stick.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Experimentation continues...

I took 1/2 peach, 1 lg basil leaf, 1 oz jalapeno infused tequila and muddled in a glass.

Strained, poured over ice and then added club soda to bring up to 8 oz.

Not sweet enough or peachy enough. Basil and tequila flavor is right on.

I added 1T simple syrup. Now the sweetness is good. Still needs more peachiness. Everything else is pretty good.

Peach Liqueur? Peach Schnapps? Some non alcoholic peach drink? I need to add something to make it taste peachier and make it look orange. Nobody wants to drink green except health nuts. Suggestions?

DeAbQq5.jpg

G2GkujG.jpg

EDIT: Still drinking my experiment. It's actually not bad. I could tolerate drinking it the way it is but it's more of a basil/jalapeno drink now. Gotta figure the peach flavor/color out.

RE-EDIT: My lips are burning a little. I gotta buy some straws.

RE-RE-EDIT: Amy is going to look for something peachy after she gets off work. She's a good woman. :bigthumb:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I had a shrimp salad for dinner because you're supposed to eat before you drink, right?

Time for round 2. Amy came through with some peach choices including 99 Peaches peach liqueur. I think they call it 99 Peaches because it has 99 peaches in it (actually, it's 99 proof. She's trying to get me drunk).

I also have frozen peaches and peaches in syrup. I may try a couple of the frozen peaches combined with the peach liqueur.

ueuUkwG.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
1 oz. jalapeno infused Cabo.
1 oz. 99 Peaches peach liqueur.
1 T simple syrup.
1/2 peach plus a couple frozen peach slices.
2 fresh basil leaves.
Ice & Club soda to 12 oz. level.
Jalepeno, basil and peach garnish.

Muddle peach, Cabo, liqueur, simple syrup and basil. Strain and pour over ice. Add Club Soda to 12 oz. level. Garnish.

Done. I may experiment a little with sweetness or try a salted rim but I can taste the peach, basil and jalapeno in the drink. It's also orange instead of green and has a lot of alcohol. Success.

How about "Peach Fire" for a name?

ZVCNvGe.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yep. I'm at it again.

I added a little bit more simple syrup, a 3rd basil leaf and added a sliver of jalapeno (with seeds) to the muddle. Sweeter and heater.

This is now a drink that punches you in the throat when you sip it through your colorful straw. I skipped the garnish because it wasn't that great when I tried to eat it yesterday. Maybe the basil leaf by itself would be better.

If you try it and think it's too strong, letting it sit until some of the ice melts would tone it down a bit.

Maybe, instead of a garnish, tossing a basil leaf and a slice of peach in the class might work better.

e79FqV9.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info