Sports Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm sure this wont be an easy payday for either :rofl:

As much as I hate to say it. I think Jake KOā€™s him. Diaz is more of a street brawler where Jake has more of a disciplined boxing style. I thought it was a 2 fight deal though. Boxing match then a UFC match. Iā€™d love nothing more though than to see Diaz KO his ass

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
As much as I hate to say it. I think Jake KOā€™s him. Diaz is more of a street brawler where Jake has more of a disciplined boxing style. I thought it was a 2 fight deal though. Boxing match then a UFC match. Iā€™d love nothing more though than to see Diaz KO his ass

Iā€™m not sure how this plays out. Diaz has sparred and trained regularly with pro boxers, especially Andre Ward. Dude is no slouch in boxing and has a great chin. Diaz was knocked out only one time and that was by Josh Thompson years ago. I donā€™t ever think Iā€™ve seen the guy wobbled in a fight since that. Good for him, he gonna make a boat load.

Reactions: Shawn1112

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Iā€™m not sure how this plays out. Diaz has sparred and trained regularly with pro boxers, especially Andre Ward. Dude is no slouch in boxing and has a great chin. Diaz was knocked out only one time and that was by Josh Thompson years ago. I donā€™t ever think Iā€™ve seen the guy wobbled in a fight since that. Good for him, he gonna make a boat load.
My inner teenager must have read this, cause I'll I saw was chin and load.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
No shit, I dont follow UFC enough to know that. I was just speaking of the few fights of his I watched. He looked to me to be more of a street brawler.
If it is a 2 fight deal like they talked about. Diaz takes a fall in boxing, and Jake does the same in the mixed martial arts fight. HUGE payday for both dudes and I think Diaz is the bigger draw here

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
No shit, I dont follow UFC enough to know that. I was just speaking of the few fights of his I watched. He looked to me to be more of a street brawler.
If it is a 2 fight deal like they talked about. Diaz takes a fall in boxing, and Jake does the same in the mixed martial arts fight. HUGE payday for both dudes and I think Diaz is the bigger draw here

Diaz is very talented and prefers to stand, he has good striking in terms of his hands not so much in the way of kicks. He is also a good BJJ guy, but only uses it on the ground when people try to take him down. He's a volume puncher and just puts a pace on guys with very good cardio. Never throwing punches with 100% power, just picks guys apart and softens them up over time.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Diaz is very talented and prefers to stand, he has good striking in terms of his hands not so much in the way of kicks. He is also a good BJJ guy, but only uses it on the ground when people try to take him down. He's a volume puncher and just puts a pace on guys with very good cardio. Never throwing punches with 100% power, just picks guys apart and softens them up over time.
Whats BJJ mean?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info