• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Jackstands?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I hear these are pretty stable

istockphoto-512989729-612x612.jpg

Reactions: 1quick

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
good to know that the jacks basically fail slowly regardless of the type.

SO folks, INSPECT YOUR STANDS!

I was originally referring to the Harbor Freight stands that apparently weren't failing slowly. I think their problem was that the locking mechanism was barely making contact with the part that actually holds the vehicle, so it could/would let loose and the stand would drop.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I have some that anyone on here can have if they want them.... Think they're 2 ton versions.

I bought bigger ones to get my fat ass farther under the car, and have no use for these anymore.

You can see them in the back of the van here:
View attachment 76648

Pickup in Streamwood.....
?? I'll take them. I had a very nice set of 4 and lost one. So it sucks using 3 of one kind and the 4th a smaller one
Also came across a 36" 4dr lateral today. Would that work for your office or do you need to have 5dr?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
?? I'll take them. I had a very nice set of 4 and lost one. So it sucks using 3 of one kind and the 4th a smaller one
Also came across a 36" 4dr lateral today. Would that work for your office or do you need to have 5dr?

IZZy IZZy messaged me like an hour before you asking if they were still available, if he doesn't want to drive out for them they're all yours.

Let me know if you wanna come out IZZy IZZy or if they can go to Shawn1112 Shawn1112

a 36" 4 drawer will be just fine for my office. Let me know what you want for it and well get it figured out.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I have these and they kick ass! Not cheap at all. Not sure cheap is what you want in a jackstand though!

At one point I was going to buy some jack stands and told my self "I'll just go buy some harbor freight ones." Then I was like "err, there's certain things you don't want to buy from HF." A few months later I heard about all their recalls.

Reactions: greasy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info