Amazon Jack Ryan [Amazon original]

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
This is a super tired/overused plot but the show itself is always good

Did they partially reuse the plot from the sum of all fears? Lol
I'm just beginning ep3 but I'm kinda on the same page.
It's a wash-rinse-repeat thing with Hollywood and these shows that could be great.
They get a couple good seasons under their belts and get lazy.
It's too bad, Clancy gave them all the storylines they could EVER want, yet here we are. No Cathy, Greer and Ryan are sorta peers...they seem to be getting further from the core of the book universe.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I really enjoyed this season. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Greer’s character this season for some reason. But overall, I still think this is one of the best series to come out.
He really wasn’t a great casting choice. And in the books he was an admiral iirc

Reactions: Jon01 and SleeperLS

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
He really wasn’t a great casting choice. And in the books he was an admiral iirc
Per the books he was a Rear Admiral then went to work in the CIA during the later Vietnam era, progressing to DDCIA in Patriot Games.
He was 15-20 years Ryan's senior. His character was introduced in Without Remorse where he recruited Mr Clark into the agency.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Wrapped this yesterday. The whole mountain top sat phone scene where there’s no answer…. Then bam, chopper appears out of the blue, somehow, silently….. ?

Overall, I enjoyed it.
I thought most directors learned how stupid this was 10+ years ago. Guess not

This is a super cliche, worn out storyline with poor execution imo. Made-for-streaming time waster, nothing more

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
And what a glorious waste of time its been so far. Production values in this show are still top notch
Gabriel Iglesias Finger Guns GIF by NETFLIX

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
First 3 eps watched. I mean, when the previous season had the threat of all out russian nuclear world war.........anywhere you go in this season isn't gonna seem as significant :ROFLMAO: It definitely takes a couple episodes for this season to get going, but I'm starting to love how everything is intertwining.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And done. I enjoyed this season as well. Shame it was only 6 episodes. Took a while to get going, but once it did, I didn't want it to stop. Sucks that this is it for the show

tho it does seem like a rainbow six spinoff w/ Pena's character could be in the works. Tho I think i'd rather see one w/ Mike November :ROFLMAO:

But Krasinski was freaking great in this series.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info