IUOE Local 150 Apprenticeship

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I just left general membership meeting and they stressed that business is at new heights and subsequently the rental companies are expanding and there is a stoppage of new equipment ordered and shortage of mechanics. They said the big rental companies are buying the smaller ones just for their equipment since they can't get new stuff. They talked about the shortage of mechanics and asked for referrals for guys on outside/non union who are currently mechanics for direct entry into 150. If you interested shoot me a message with your information and experience and I will pass it on the the guy that asked.

There's also shortage of soil testers and drillers which I know little about.
DEEZUZ DEEZUZ you gonna make the jump ?

Oct 27, 2021
No idea if anyone will read this anymore or not but kind of an update for me. My application for 150 has been in for about a month. I’ve been talking back and forth with one of the 150 business agents thanks to a fellow member on here who has greatly helped me and the BA has helped me out some. (He’s obviously a super busy guy and I don’t expect some kid trying to get in to be his top priority). Otherwise besides reaching out to him I haven’t heard shit. I’m trying not to get discouraged about it. Could be that I just won’t hear about it till spring now when construction season starts back up, I just figured there would still be work to do over the winter for mechanics. Or maybe I won’t hear about it at all who knows. I feel like I’m more than qualified but obviously it’s not easy to get in or everyone would do it. Anyhow if anyone has gone through the experience of joining what was it like for you? Take care all.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
No idea if anyone will read this anymore or not but kind of an update for me. My application for 150 has been in for about a month. I’ve been talking back and forth with one of the 150 business agents thanks to a fellow member on here who has greatly helped me and the BA has helped me out some. (He’s obviously a super busy guy and I don’t expect some kid trying to get in to be his top priority). Otherwise besides reaching out to him I haven’t heard shit. I’m trying not to get discouraged about it. Could be that I just won’t hear about it till spring now when construction season starts back up, I just figured there would still be work to do over the winter for mechanics. Or maybe I won’t hear about it at all who knows. I feel like I’m more than qualified but obviously it’s not easy to get in or everyone would do it. Anyhow if anyone has gone through the experience of joining what was it like for you? Take care all.
I'm not in the 150, but I do and have worked in chemical plants my entire adult life, It may take you a few trys to get in but keep trying it will be worth it i know people that have applied 3-4 times and eventually they got in, I applied to one plant 3 times before I got hired and that was with quite a bit of experience

Oct 27, 2021
My son just mentioned today been over a month and he hadn't heard from the electricians test he took.
Yeah the IBEW was taking applications right around the same time as 150. Can just take awhile I guess. Everyone just says they are so short on employees so you would think they’d try to get people in quickly. Oh well, like everyone says the wait will be worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info