Its too cold WTF?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
My parents live in Sarasota...it's intolerably hot down there from June/July through September. They started the snow-bird thing 2 years ago, but I agree, during the winter the whole area is full of old people and tourists. It is a pain in the ass.

I just don't like Florida in general. There are nice areas, but the place is generally a giant shit hole, with terrible humans, and tons and tons of old people.

I know my parents have talked to a ton of people down there about bikes and riding 12 months a year, but they say you almost don't want to drive during the winter because the old people are such terrible drivers, it's not worth the risk.

FIrst off Sarasota is a rich community with lots of old people. So ya, not going to be a popular area if you are young and looking to club every other night. haha

My parents have been snowbirds in Sarasota for like 15 years now. The nice areas are nice. There are shady places as well. Just like here.

In winter just stay away from the malls and tourist areas and it isn't bad. I go down there for a week in December. I have no issues in the area but I am accustomed to Chicagoland congestion. So maybe I don't see it like people who live there do.

Most of Florida is hot and humid in the summer. But you get accustomed to that. Even my parents are cold when it is 70 degrees in December. GTFO. :haha: Plus as we get older we get colder. Throw in blood pressure medication and all the old people are cold anyway. So temps aren't a huge concern long term. The sun causing skin damage and cancer is the big concern down there.

The drivers are bad down there. Many due to being old. Some from being assholes. I remember when my parents started going down there the area had a lot of deaths due to red-light runners. They changed the laws and added huge fines. It cut down on it some. But even now I know to still watch both cross directions and oncoming turn lane when my light turns green. It has saved me a couple of times.

I kind of feel the same way as you though. I like to visit there but not sure I would want to live in Florida.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
The only creeper pics I could send you would be of my woman and that’s not happening ?

There are 5 villas on the property and we are the only ones here, the whole place is ours. The beach is on the other side of the palms of the pool, but it is private. Less people mo’ betta!
giphy.gif

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
New hellcat and private beach vacations. You win the lottery or something that you didn't tell us about? haha

Hahaha no man, it’s a combination of things. First off my girlfriend and I won airline tickets at her Christmas party last year to anywhere in Central/North America, she makes good money, I just got a promotion at work in July, and we kind of lucked out. I guess it is “rainy” season in Belize so it is not crowded at all along with it being before Thanksgiving. The property we picked was off of VRBO, but it’s a little off the beaten path and amazing, not one of those all inclusive deals. We love it! If anybody is interested, let me know and I’ll get you the information for the property.

Reactions: RICH17

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Florida can be just as beautiful as Belize. I think you guys who just visit down here get caught in the tourist traps. Once you live down here, you can find the neighborhood bars that aren't swamped by people from up north. You can find the back roads that take you around the tourist traffic.

I showed a complex over the weekend, Toscana Isles, that has $300K through $1 mil. homes. It has a $13 million dollar clubhouse with a pool table, card tables, a bar, kitchen, giant exercise rooms, etc. Walk outside and they have a large, heated infinity pool fronting their 90 acre lake. I heard some guys organizing a Harley bike ride while their wives were lying by the pool.

Not a tough way of life.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Sure am, literally a few minute beach walk from John McAfee’s old place!

Where did you stay?
We stayed at Portofino. Rented a golf cart for the entire week and hung out in San Pedro every night for the party life! Palapas bar was hoppin every night we always ended up there somehow. Definitely hit up Hurricanes for the ceviche and there is a shithole in the heart of San Pedro called Robins for some amazing Carribean style jerk chicken and fish. Was the best meal we had down there!

Also make sure to check out Secret Beach! Kind of off the beaten path but cool to spend a day there. The ride is very bumpy...

The snorkeling is fricken insane in that area. Wife and I would just take a cayak out a few hundred feet and jump out. Coral is everywhere so the ocean scenery is just breathtaking.

I'm trying desperately to get my wife on board with a February trip to Belize and leaving the little guy at home...

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Florida can be just as beautiful as Belize. I think you guys who just visit down here get caught in the tourist traps. Once you live down here, you can find the neighborhood bars that aren't swamped by people from up north. You can find the back roads that take you around the tourist traffic.

I showed a complex over the weekend, Toscana Isles, that has $300K through $1 mil. homes. It has a $13 million dollar clubhouse with a pool table, card tables, a bar, kitchen, giant exercise rooms, etc. Walk outside and they have a large, heated infinity pool fronting their 90 acre lake. I heard some guys organizing a Harley bike ride while their wives were lying by the pool.

Not a tough way of life.

COMPLETELY AGREE!! We have friends that moved down here three years ago and they knew all the local's spots. They have showed us all the sick beaches with free parking and no compromise sand/surf. There are tons of awesome places to eat, and play and see. And when you exhaust the gulf coast, you have the atlantic side. Then you have the panhandle, where they have awesome beaches as well.

Once you get outside of the Disney properties and the tourist towns/cities, you can really find some gems. Check out Weekie Wachee kayaking. Its nuts.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
COMPLETELY AGREE!! We have friends that moved down here three years ago and they knew all the local's spots. They have showed us all the sick beaches with free parking and no compromise sand/surf. There are tons of awesome places to eat, and play and see. And when you exhaust the gulf coast, you have the atlantic side. Then you have the panhandle, where they have awesome beaches as well.

Once you get outside of the Disney properties and the tourist towns/cities, you can really find some gems. Check out Weekie Wachee kayaking. Its nuts.

I havent been able to figure out if you like FL from all your poasts...lol

And lmao that FL is just as nice as Belize. Been all over FL, and while I definitely like it, Belize is like waking up in a dream everyday. At least where Greasy is at. Nicest people you'll ever meet and the beaches are just insane. It sits on the second largest barrier reef in the world. Also, the food is excellent...Ive never had lobster so good.

• Haha
Reactions: ZXMustang

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
And lmao that FL is just as nice as Belize.

Sarasota, Fl has Siesta Key. Which is usually ranked as the number 1 beach in the USA. And was number 5 a couple of years ago. The fine white sand doesn't get hot, has nice views, and food in the area is amazing.

But ya, I get a lot of Florida isn't as dreamy as a tropical destination. Some places are downright sketchy. haha

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I sell homes in Siesta Key and Longboat Key so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Captain Curt's clam chowder and outside bar. Siesta Key Oyster Bar (SKOB), a Bears bar in Florida. Gilligan's is a FUN bar with good dance music. Siesta Key Village and St. Armand's Circle. Half a mil. puts you in a condo right on the ocean. Walk out in your back yard and you're at your private beach. Spend less and you have to walk across the street to get to the beach.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info