• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Its SNOWING 2:05pm

LeeGTP

Reaction score
The Weather report was right and on time today..... rush hour is going to be F' ed
UP out here in Lisle/ Naperville and on 53

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Reaction score
Crap!!!

Anyone up for a snowball fight??? :lolsign:

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Reaction score
The amount of snowfall will vary depending upon your location. Further south, more snow.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Sandbags are my friend! I gots' four of em'!

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
we got about 2-3 inches here in macomb...

my keyboard got busted (spilled beer on it.. doh) so i had to drive my friends regal to walmart (woot 3800)... it wasnt that bad tho since the snow is still fluffy

LeeGTP

Reaction score
Over at Four Lakes in Lisle theres a nice Ski slope it should nice today....

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Just got done driving threw it, crazy chicago drivers... <_<

dole21

Reaction score
i love the snow...but id rather have 6 or more inches...1-2 just makes a mess and traffic a nightmare, so i figure why not at least give us a boatload since were gonna be miserable in it anyway lol

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I left work at 4:20, got home at 7:40! Halfway home, I had an oops. I was grabbing my wiper blade to snap the ice off it, and it flung off onto the road. Had to drive about 15 miles with no driver's side wiper, not fun.

GTPHales-Wife

Reaction score
I left work at 5:15.......got home at 7:45........Usually it only takes me 35-40 mins to get home. I didn't even think about touching the expressway.......The fastest I went was when I was 2 mins from home and that was 35mph.....otherwise I was only going maybe 15 at the most. But I guess my commuit isn't as bad as others.

dole21

Reaction score
damn...ya see that southwest plane that slid off the runway at midway...

editing this as before when they said everyone was gonna be ok...now come to find out a 6 year old is dead :(

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by LeeGTP@Dec 8 2005, 03:59 PM
Over at Four Lakes in Lisle theres a nice Ski slope it should nice today....
[snapback]106405[/snapback]​

Can you go sledding over there?????????

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Dec 8 2005, 10:14 PM
I left work at 4:20, got home at 7:40! Halfway home, I had an oops. I was grabbing my wiper blade to snap the ice off it, and it flung off onto the road. Had to drive about 15 miles with no driver's side wiper, not fun.
[snapback]106429[/snapback]​
the truck i drive for work only the top half of the window where the sunvisor is and the first 7inchs off the bottom ...and 1/4 inch little streaks every little bit the rest was snow, the blades where just dead in the middle

good advice i got from brookfield to downers grove in 25 min....
....not bad.....if you follow joe somebody that was deciding to be nice and plow the whole time i was following him down 55th and then up cass

i thought it was illegal to plow the streets with private vehicle...but that guy was a life saver

who ever you are good job buddy

Royalgtp

Reaction score
oak lawn to burbank......

left at 315......took 2.5 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1hour to hit 294/55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I

imported_Theautoguy

You poor Chicago suckers!

It took me an extra 30 minutes on top of my normal 30 minute commute home!

Now watch, I'll get into an accident tomorrow!

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

It took me 2+ hours for a normal 20 min. drive. Saw like 9 plows and not one of them had the frickin plow on the ground....WTF.

GTPquickRB

Reaction score
It is in my firm belief that things wouldn't be so bad if half the people on the road could actually drive. The road i live off of is 35, you had people doing 10-15 at most, others doing probably about a good 30 without a problem, the road was salted. I saw people spinning their tires going up hill because of too much gas, and others moving at a snails pace. Most people have no idea how to drive in the snow - the roads have to be salted and plowed, even then, when its raining people suck at driving. You get people driving too fast or too slow.

I just hate having to drive with half the people that do drive. You don't take your driving test when its snowing or raining, and that shows.

Sorry for my rant, its just that it took me 50 minutes (minus a gas fillup) to travel 4 miles - math says 6 mph average.....thats bad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom