daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Congrats on the car.

Any plans for the wheels? Am I crazy for thinking they don't really fit the car? Or am I that out of touch with classic american cars.
Retro daisies is what we'd like. And have a set but need refinishing. Not sure if they fit or are the correct offset yet. Need to get some 255/50s or something to test fit and see if has the right look were going for.

Trying to set it up cosmetically like someone would have in the mid 80s

Reactions: frank

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Fox Tv Hide GIF by Almost Family FOX
Lol. I'm about to give this bitch 35ish total timing and see if she's happy. ?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Is it an MSD dizzy check and see they might have their std 21° limit bushing on the mechanical advance which should give you 35/36-ish total mech.

I know how you feel though I found out this AMX had the cam installed with the mad stock with heavy Springs and 10° of Base timing no wonder it was such a dog...
31* total mech adv....at over 5k

Jesus tap dancing Christ

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Well. She's got 38 degrees total advance now.

Also adjusted the idle and mixture screws. (They were all off and not equal ?‍♂️)

Hot idle before was struggling to maintain 650 RPM... Lol idiots. It's at 850 now, and makes like 11 inches of vacuum. So this bump stick is something decent.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Well. She's got 38 degrees total advance now.

Also adjusted the idle and mixture screws. (They were all off and not equal ?‍♂️)
We had a CSX Shelby Cobra in here. 427, sounded fucking great. I drove it, and from all reviews, I was supposed to be scared for my life about how it wants to kill you. Meh, nothing special. Had my tech dig into it, even though the customer didn't mention anything, found out the throttle linkage was fucked and only allowing it to open 50% at WOT. We adjusted it and FUCKKKKKKKKK thing definitely wanted to kill you. Mentioned it to the customer, who then drove it home, called and said he picked it up from Shelby and it never ran like it did now.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
We had a CSX Shelby Cobra in here. 427, sounded fucking great. I drove it, and from all reviews, I was supposed to be scared for my life about how it wants to kill you. Meh, nothing special. Had my tech dig into it, even though the customer didn't mention anything, found out the throttle linkage was fucked and only allowing it to open 50% at WOT. We adjusted it and FUCKKKKKKKKK thing definitely wanted to kill you. Mentioned it to the customer, who then drove it home, called and said he picked it up from Shelby and it never ran like it did now.
Ha funny thing about linkage adjustment... My old 69 Chevelle with a 12.5:1 509" BBC went like 10.9/10.70ish depending on the day on nuts. Never got a time on a 200shot... But drove it everywhere... The day I pulled it apart because I sold it as a roller, I found out the carb was only opening 75% ?? talk about a kick in the dick! I was sooo pissed.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Ha funny thing about linkage adjustment... My old 69 Chevelle with a 12.5:1 509" BBC went like 10.9/10.70ish depending on the day on nuts. Never got a time on a 200shot... But drove it everywhere... The day I pulled it apart because I sold it as a roller, I found out the carb was only opening 75% ?? talk about a kick in the dick! I was sooo pissed.
Well SOB! That does suck.

• Sad
Reactions: daturbosix

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
So this thing only had 15 degrees total advance??? Or 15 initial?
15 base or initial. No vacuum advance hooked up so it's only relying on mechanical spring advance, and they had a total of 12 or something I think? So I set it at 38 or something all in at 2,500 RPM when it stop climbing on the timing light

Thread Info