Site Sponsor It's pronounced Kor-uhh-veh-tay. 2006 Bigbootyjudy C6 6L80 Tech Thread!

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
And she's home!

Can't thank you guys enough for all the work you did.

Griffey approves!

20230106_114155.jpg

20230106_131012.jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Honestly, all depends on what it is. I'll be the first to admit that my main focus is domestic, RWD and 4WD...however, I am pretty willing to do most things.
We’ve been having issues with the shop we sub to. I don’t mind if you take awhile, but don’t over promise and under deliver. That’s what pisses me off the most.

Carl@Redline

El Experto De Transmiciones
TCG Sponsor
Oct 21, 2019
Batavia
Real Name
Carl
We’ve been having issues with the shop we sub to. I don’t mind if you take awhile, but don’t over promise and under deliver. That’s what pisses me off the most.
Completely understand that, and agree. I'm a believer in the thought that a BIG part of what makes me, or anyone else, good at what they do is the ability to know when something is outside of the wheelhouse. That being said, more than willing to give a yes/no on anything for ya.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Completely understand that, and agree. I'm a believer in the thought that a BIG part of what makes me, or anyone else, good at what they do is the ability to know when something is outside of the wheelhouse. That being said, more than willing to give a yes/no on anything for ya.
Carl@Redline Carl@Redline check your PM

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Bumping this thread for some insight before i tackle the 6l80 in my denali if Mr Carl doesn't mind.

Is it worth trying to hunt down a zl1 or ctsv converter? It seems like the stock converter fails are related to the front plate warping and screwing with the converter clutch contact and a billet one would be another option or just ram it in with the one it has? I really don't wanna put a bunch of money into a junkyard trans to have it chew it up but I also don't wanna have to turn around and have to do it again right away either.

Is there much I can do with it before I stick it in besides an external cooler to help? Is there anything better than dex6 I can put in it? Maybe atf+4 since it has more friction modifiers? Should I use my original tehcm to avoid the potential computer issues or just try and match operating systems if need be? Its supposed to be the right one for the truck but my luck doesn't usually go that way. What about turning off lockup in the lower gears? I've seen some things on that too.

Long story short once it builds heat past 120⁰ there's no sticking your foot in it or it's gonna slip. I'm pretty sure the 2 3 and 4 5 gears are screwed up because it'll skip shift quick there. Lost gears and went into limp mode once and I've been babying it since. I was gonna log for slip and such but I think it'd be wasted effort until I get things swapped out.

Thread Info