Its official - Mid Engine C8 will be revealed in July

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
At long last, General Motors is admitting that the Corvette will reach another generation and has confirmed that the car—yes, the real, bona fide 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8—will make its official debut July 18.
While spy photos showing the C8's low-slung silhouette and vastly different proportions have circulated on the internet for years now, what you're looking at are the first real photos of the car that Chevrolet has supplied—and the first time the company has even acknowledged the existence of what might be the auto industry's worst-kept secret.

This first Corvette C8 model we will see in July is the base Corvette Stingray, which will kick off the lineup. Initially, the C8 will use an upgraded version of the current car's pushrod 6.2-liter V-8, which we suspect will be upgraded to produce somewhere around 500 horsepower. The engine will also be renamed LT2 to reflect its new location in the car. A dual-clutch seven-speed automatic gearbox supplied from Tremec is slated to be the only transmission choice—unfortunate news for #savethemanuals diehards like us.

Multiple high-performance variants are set to follow in quick succession, including Z06, ZR1, and a range-topping hybrid that may use the Zora name. The current thinking is that the Z06 will have a a DOHC 5.5-liter V-8 with a flat-plane crankshaft, while the ZR1 will add twin turbochargers to that engine, and the Zora will get the twin-turbo V-8 and an electric motor in the front axle to cement its place as the most powerful C0rvette, with a combined power rating that could approach 1000 horsepower.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27116013/chevrolet-corvette-c8-mid-engine-confirmed-2020/

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Reaction score
I hope they make that hemeroid of a side mirror smaller but looks pretty good overall.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I do believe this is the proper response. :noes:

Knowklew

Donating Member
Reaction score
the comments on C&D site are hilarious. People are stupid.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I am very excited for this. Primarily for the price drops on c6 cars. I want a new DD

bs009

Reaction score
Sweet! I just Hope they don't have the people who designed the new Silverado HDs working on this. Chevy has been putting out some pretty bad front ends lately

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
interesting what powertrain the top models will get. It will have so much better traction being mid engine car then the current vettes . TT V8 with DCT would be a sweet setup

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I only have 2 hopes for this car.

1. That its faster than an Acura NSX.
2. That it sells more than an Acura NSX.
I think it will easily beat the NSX. I'm expecting it to challenge the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini.

lastls1

Reaction score
So give it what 2-3 months after launch until one is pushing 1000 whp tuned?

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
If it was engineered by a human, a human will crack it, guaranteed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom