Its no Honda Ridgeline, but it will have to do - Ford Raptor content

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Bonjour the internet lied to me about fitting 37" tires no problem. I'm ok with a little inner plastic fender well trimming and thats what people were saying. I really dont want to BFH mod or trim metal on my fenders. Dont know what Im going to do now.

FLLSoXN.jpg

rCYe0Cf.jpg
And how much did that truck cost and your trimming wheel liners..lol I saw your old Raptor all straight and pretty.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I dont like any of the aftermarket rims for trucks. But I wanted black rims and these cost a little more then having the factory rims powder coated so I got them before I got the truck.

The exhaust is stock except for SPD turbo adapters which you cant see.

I haven't really jumped it. Right after I got it I made some small jumps at work but I haven't been on small jobs lately and haven't had a chance to make a proper jump yet. Railroad tracks and some intersection have been my must fun so far.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
So I had some time off last week and decided I to ceramic coat this thing.
Cleaned, clay bared, paint corrected, then I used Cquartz UK 3.0. Putting the ceramic coat wasnt bad at all. Getting it ready for that took awhile.

The results are awesome. Bugs and tar wash right off with the pressure washer. Hopefully I can keep this truck half as clean as Gav's.

TD0QPNO.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VjVvcMb1lk

I tried using McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash through my foam cannon. Not very much suds and its doesnt cover the truck well at all.

Does anyone know if I can use Honeydew on a coated vehicle?

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Found a smoking deal on a set of used +3 Deaver leaf springs. I wasnt doing anything this morning and didnt want to wait for them to be shipped. So I ripped up to Green Bay to pick them up. The dude even through in new hardware and SDHQ bump stop plates.

TcKyARY.jpg

2e4atNU.jpg

And to reward me for wanting to upgrade the junk stock leaf springs. On the way home truck decided the sunroof will not open anymore. I loath going to the dealer to get that fixed. Maybe they will fix the 3 recalls my truck has while its there.
Ford quality at its best

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I drove my new raptor bros truck...His truck is full upgraded Fox suspension on 37s. Dude has a ton mods on it. Super nice guy. After the drive I now know the upgraded shocks feel about the same as stock on road and I dont jump mine enough. The HD deavers are kinda stiff unloaded. The ADD frame cut front bumper looks even better in person.

I now really want 37s and the front bumper.

8nYVLKS.jpg

lOo00Gb.jpg

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Hey Matt, I did not see your original post regarding the honeydew
I use it was a presoak and as a lubricating layer with the bucket wash.
I suggest buying carpro reset for your washing.

I can make you a bottle of quick detailer using carpro ech2o and the reload.

I bought extra reload when I got the cuartz 3.0 just havent used it yet so I may take you up on the quick detailer. I was just making sure I could use honeydew as a main wash still.
Your not going to like it but I've only washed the truck twice since I coated it. The coating has been holding up good but if I have time I might put one more coat on before we go into the deep freeze here.

I want to wrap my fender flares so the truck is color matched to so will see which I have time for.

Thread Info