Oct 5, 2012
ac5085289398f5f2679f0e3e4b849983.jpg

abc285f034d4584f55c59f4ec6dd9d92.jpg

a9064abcf12cafce4de43ffe62681b42.jpg

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
My job is having another chili cook-off this year, this friday. I won last year, but this year they are offering $100 cash prize so it may bring some new competition out of the woodwork. I did a slow cooked chuck roast, oxe tail, and my secret ingredient cow femurs for the marrow, last year. I think I am going to skip the oxe tail this year as it created a lot of grease that was a bitch to skim off. But I think Im going to replace it with pork belly, so Ill probably be skimming for days anyway. lol Also, going to do a Surly Coffee Bender in there this year. Another new thing Im going to oven roast everything. garlic, peppers, onion, tomatoes etc will all get tossed in olive oil and seasonings like chili powder and then roasted at like 300 degrees.

Anyone else making chili for the superbowl this week?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My job is having another chili cook-off this year, this friday. I won last year, but this year they are offering $100 cash prize so it may bring some new competition out of the woodwork. I did a slow cooked chuck roast, oxe tail, and my secret ingredient cow femurs for the marrow, last year. I think I am going to skip the oxe tail this year as it created a lot of grease that was a bitch to skim off. But I think Im going to replace it with pork belly, so Ill probably be skimming for days anyway. lol Also, going to do a Surly Coffee Bender in there this year. Another new thing Im going to oven roast everything. garlic, peppers, onion, tomatoes etc will all get tossed in olive oil and seasonings like chili powder and then roasted at like 300 degrees.

Anyone else making chili for the superbowl this week?

im surprised with your foodie-ness and spicy-ness you're usin' chili powda...

make your own broski.... i did this for my last chili

Step Aside, Old Chili Powder: How to Prepare Whole Dried Chilies for the Best Powder and Puree | Serious Eats

fucking insanely good.... so much more flavor.

i like the oxtail and bone marrow angle. nice touch.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info