3800 Its about damn time

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
yeah its cold in there before.. i had 3 feet amputateedd... fortunately i got a hookup at the prosthetic place...... Much warmer now.

As far as how much its going to cost ... do you mean to install the heater and all or do you mean the cost of the gas....

The heater I got from my dad for $0.. He bought for his shop but too small.... (but he paid ~$500)
I paid about $175 to get the gas run from the house to the garage. We did the interior gas line but they did the digging and the underground portion.
Heater install was $0 dad did it for me.
And I got maybe $50 in misc parts....

All in all I came out pretty good, IMHO.

As far as the cost to actually heat during hte winter... ask me when i get the first bill :ph34r: Honestly though for it to hold 50, the heater doesn't run much. To hold 65F was a little more work; however, I still haven't finished insulating, etc.

Charles

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Damn!! Its about time...I remember last year when we went over and painted your fence, and helped you insulate the walls of your garage and paint the deck..;)
Congrats though and i know your going to be in there those cold winter nights too,
BTW did you take care of your spider problem? :rolleyes:
:lol:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The garage in the house were closing on doesn't have heat, but I plan on installing about 10 - 600w halogen shop lights. Shouldn't be a problem to keep warm. The one light I have now is pretty toasty when you're under it. It always turns me off on being out in the garage if it's below 0. I swapped a motor several years ago when it was 25 below. Must have had at least 3 plug in heaters running, but didn't do anything to keep it warm. As long as it's over 50-60 degrees it's nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info