TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
splash.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I think you took it too far. For instance, when trying to sell my cam, I had a PM from a member stating he was going to buy it. About a week later, he changed his mind, and I didn't think of it as being a big deal at all. Never did I think of leaving negative feedback.

We are not discussing anything more than iTrader in this thread. This is not to carry on previous conversations. Its for folks that wanted to hammer out what iTrader should be used for @ TCG.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Im not well versed in contrat law but an agreement was made between the parties, whic can be proven in writing and seems stronger here than a verbal contract.

Good luck winning that in court. Now if it was signed both by parties, that would be another issue.

I don't understand what the big deal is. I've sold a lot of parts on forums and have had sellers call "dibs" or say they were going to purchase and not follow through. As long as the money hasn't changed hands, it's no biggie.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Good luck winning that in court. Now if it was signed both by parties, that would be another issue.

First you dont need an actual "signature" to create a contract. You can actually agree to a binding contract by simply clicking a button on a web page, like you do @ ebay when you click the buy it now button. Secondly, I do believe that you can validate that if the source IPs and user name were logged into from the same source at the time of the "contract" being established, you can essentially "assume" something very close to that of an actual signature. It would be a fun discussion in a courtroom.

I don't understand what the big deal is. I've sold a lot of parts on forums and have had sellers call "dibs" or say they were going to purchase and not follow through. As long as the money hasn't changed hands, it's no biggie.

How do sellers call dibs on stuff you've sold? In any case, I was the BUYER and the SELLER flaked out on me after TWO MONTHS of leading me along. All I tried to do was make good on my word to the seller.

I really don't want to talk about this other situation in this thread again. It's been sufficiently discussed.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
First you dont need an actual "signature" to create a contract. You can actually agree to a binding contract by simply clicking a button on a web page, like you do @ ebay when you click the buy it now button. Secondly, I do believe that you can validate that if the source IPs and user name were logged into from the same source at the time of the "contract" being established, you can essentially "assume" something very close to that of an actual signature. It would be a fun discussion in a courtroom

Good luck with that. I can tell you it's EXTREMELY hard to prove that. My father took a business that he had a verbal contract with to court (did business with them for years) after they stopped paying his business commission. Handshake and verbal argreements are very difficult to prove in court.

I noticed my typo, I meant buyer called "dibs".

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
REALLY.......come on, this itrader is bullshit....like who REALLY cares.....If someone gets screwed over on here, I think EVERYONE would know due to the nature of this foum with everyone knowing everything.....give me -2838 feedback for all I care :rofl: It is is a good deal people will buy it.....if not then they will not.....simple....I mean damn Dan, you cant even get it right and a transaction never took place :rofl:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
REALLY.......come on, this itrader is bullshit....like who REALLY cares.....If someone gets screwed over on here, I think EVERYONE would know due to the nature of this foum with everyone knowing everything.....give me -2838 feedback for all I care :rofl: It is is a good deal people will buy it.....if not then they will not.....simple....I mean damn Dan, you cant even get it right and a transaction never took place :rofl:

like OMG!!!! :fy:

Thread Info