iTrader discussion thread

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
As long as there is a user-entry slot available where the submitter can leave an explanation of what happened, which there is, I think it should be used for all aspects of buying/selling. People reading these submissions should be able to use their own discretion for making a choice if this is someone they want to do business with.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Here are my copy/paste, probably unorganized thoughts...

When people refer to the feedback system, they want to know if they are going to get screwed over on the product - like after they send payment and then receive nothing or crap. This is pretty much the buyers only defense is to leave negative feedback (depending upon payment type). Now this negative scoring becomes a weaker weapon when negative feedback is about long waits, or you said he said shit before any trasnaction. People going to start getting negative feedback for not being able to come to a price good for both parties in pre-purchase negotiations?...

My point is that there needs to be more clean-cut rules for the iTrader system and i believe that is if you have completed a transaction, trade, or exchange with another forum member, then it is time to provide them with itrader feedback.

You may have had an agreement with a seller and he may have backed out, that sucks, I agree. My point really is that disputes such as that shouldn't be taken into consideration for feedback on itrader. This dispute example is more in the blacker area of the grey area, but it leaves the door wide open for more negative feedback coming from grey-area disputes. Or even positive feedback for worthless pre-purchase shit like "he PM'd me quickly with info. I didn't buy it, but I'll still leave positive feedback."

Main point: iTrader feedback needs to have clear guidelines, a way to eliminate the pre-purchase gray area in all aspects of pre-purchse negotiations. I think the contract point is at time of exchange of goods or payment.

I also agree with Mark, feedback for the pre-transaction is useful. but I don't think we need to mix it up with the post purchase. Maybe that feedback should just be made present in that particular FS thread for public viewing.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
As long as there is a user-entry slot available where the submitter can leave an explanation of what happened, which there is, I think it should be used for all aspects of buying/selling. People reading these submissions should be able to use their own discretion for making a choice if this is someone they want to do business with.

I agree. I think feedback should reflect the entire process of dealing with a seller. If a person backs out of a sale, then they should get negative feedback.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC

very good point. Only beef still is that your avatar area only shows a rating number and the explanation is not immediately visible. Maybe take that off the avatar section and strongly communicate to potential buyers in the FS sections to view the sellers profile to see the itrader rating and explanations. This is just so that potential buyers are not immediately detracted from a FS thread by just a number. Foce them to do a bit more research to see what really went down in tranactions as well as pre-sale negotiations/communications...

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL

Exactly my thoughts on the subject.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
A sales transaction is not whether or not someone gives you the parts promised. It involves all levels of the transaction from beginning to end, regardless if the purchase was ever made.

With that being said, I do not think people should have their trader rating above their avatar. It should be located in their user profile.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I think that backing out after already having a written contract should be reflected in iTrader, but it shouldn't carry the same weight as someone just plain screwing you over by non-payment or broken parts.

What's the definition of a written contract? I don't believe anything done on a forum should constitute a written contract.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
I think it is a waste of time. We are all adults, some act more like than others :s00ls:

I don't see this being big like eBay. If someone is selling something on here it is cheaper than doing it on craigslist
Ore than likely cause most people on here knows one another in some sort of way. All this is problems than anything. If you get neg feedback what is the big deAl over getting positive. What get banned from the Internet?

Make life easy and keep it w/o. No big pros to have it I see

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
What's the definition of a written contract? I don't believe anything done on a forum should constitute a written contract.

There are plenty of cases where you can draw a contract based upon an agreement that has been formed over internet based mediums, even forums.

Are we trying to take anything into a court of law here? No.

Do we want to inform perspective buyers and sellers about TCG users when entering into anything closely resembling a binding agreement? Of course.

I don't see how that can be perceived as a bad thing to facilitate.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
There are plenty of cases where you can draw a contract based upon an agreement that has been formed over internet based mediums, even forums.

Are we trying to take anything into a court of law here? No.

Do we want to inform perspective buyers and sellers about TCG users when entering into anything closely resembling a binding agreement? Of course.

I don't see how that can be perceived as a bad thing to facilitate.

I think you took it too far. For instance, when trying to sell my cam, I had a PM from a member stating he was going to buy it. About a week later, he changed his mind, and I didn't think of it as being a big deal at all. Never did I think of leaving negative feedback.

Thread Info