đź“° Auto News Itchy to buy? Hold on.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
The car market crashed back in 08-10 pretty bad, car values dropped so much that the banks did not want the cars back. This is from the dealership side of inventory / floor plan / used cars . I knew some pre-owned dealers that lost millions with the inventory they had, they walked away and left the banks to get the cars. These dealer owners seen it coming and pulled out all their capital before it went down.

• Wow
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

In for a cheap Escalade.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Manufacturers still have all those new '21s sitting in parking lots collecting dust and rust, too. Do they trash hundreds of thousands of "new" cars or dump them on the market at a discount after they have the chips to finish them?
Depending on the new vehicle manufacturers, they will give incentives to dealers to take aged new inventory and put those cars/ trucks/ vans into service loaner fleet where the dealer can write off the loss and the manufacturer provides some sort of assistance in a rebate for the dealer, and then those cars become new used cars. I can’t remember if the factory warranty is started when they become loaners? Have to ask.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I been holding off finally getting a truck for my DD. When I was ready to get one here in FL, the market went nuts. Now F150s are pulling $15k over not $10k off sticker anymore.
Super happy I got a 21 F150 for 0% no payments for 90 when I punted my red 19 that was a lease. Best timing on a vehicle in my life anyways. Lots were empty wife didnt like the leadfoot grey color but I had to have the 3.5 over another 2.7

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Id pay 50k for a sub 50k mile C7Z tomorrow thats fair price. In the 70s they can fuck right off. Let it rot on a lot instead.

70s needs to be C6ZR1 prices.
C6 ZR1’s were touching 50’s prepandemic. They shot to 100k and are now in the 70’s. I wish I bought one in the 50’s.

I’ve been looking hard at C6Z’s. They seem to be hovering in the mid 40’s which is only 5-8k more than they were prior to 2020. Gotta be an 08+ though (preferable 09+ for bluetooth) and those pull a bit if a premium over the 06-07. But yes, I’d be all in on a decent $50k C7Z.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info