IT recruiting

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a recruiting agency or a specific person in the Chicago land area that specializes in IT recruiting? I have gone through a few with mixed results. SRI in Schaumburg has been the most professional so far. I've noticed some of these places seem like im dealing with a used car salesman. Everything sounds great and then I never hear from them again or they offer completely opposite related opportunity. Luckily I am currently employed so there is no immediate rush.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
what kind of job are you looking for. there might be a few guys here that can hook you up.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
I mostly want to be in a larger company with room to grow. I'm not looking for any design/coding. Mostly admin, but I would settle with help desk if there is room to grow. Any assistant role would be ideal as well. I have a long history of troubleshooting.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
What industry are you in? Thats almost more important than just wanting to work in IT. Medical IT is banging right now.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
I've got an associates with an a+ cert. I'm more troubleshooting/installation but I really want to expand to a more set role that I can make a career out of. Most of my work exerpience has been focused on repair.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
that is what i was trying to get to. not just "IT JOB"

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Well if you can get a job in healthcare IT do it. So much potential to move up and grow. Even if you're hired in as a reboot monkey running around fixing jammed printers you'd be suprised how much there is to learn in healthcare process. Good money in it too.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
I've got an associates with an a+ cert. I'm more troubleshooting/installation but I really want to expand to a more set role that I can make a career out of. Most of my work exerpience has been focused on repair.
Send me your resume, we're looking for two somewhat high level techs.

Also, I used TekSystems and I liked them a lot. I can give you the information for the recruiter that placed me if you're interested.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
Send me your resume, we're looking for two somewhat high level techs.

Also, I used TekSystems and I liked them a lot. I can give you the information for the recruiter that placed me if you're interested.
Will do. Want to PM me your email?

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
I have a hiring thread in the help wanted section.

Almost always hiring it feels like, medical software, I'm the hiring manager for the support team. Send me your resume, [email protected]

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
My IT company is hiring, we have 5 positions open right now. If your interested shoot me your resume.

[email protected]

To answer your question on recruiters, As mentioned Tek Systems is a good one I have dealt with them for several years.

Robert Half is another, they aren't the best but they are a large company and are pretty quick about finding positions for employees. Beware this place has both recruitment, temp to hire as well as short term contract work. Be very clear what your looking for.

Aside from those two there are many smaller recruitment firms, if you can trust your network on LinkedIn posting an update with the same question will catch recruiters flags and contact you.

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
are you on linkedin? they seem pretty good at finding you on there...
This.

And DICE.

Sometimes they call me at my work, even thought I'm not currently officially looking. But there is no shortage of contact from recruiters. Most of the time the requirements don't match up very well, but they've found some gems for me for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom