It is here, with pix to prove...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
how much boost can a l67 take before the motor goes boom? or is horsepower a better measurement to determining how much before a motor takes a shit?

guys on stock blocks and heads with IC and HV3 top-end and pump gas 93 with a T67 can run up to 20-21ish, its just having the right supporting mods

heck guy thats selling his gp has stock engine save for an HV3 top-end, on T67 and ST2 cam on 93 made 505whp with the stattama T67

lots of guys have trouble with 15 it seems sometimes without a good tune

I think with a 62-1 or something smaller can go up to mid 20s easily with the right supporting mods so who knows

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
do 3.1's do this lol

any engine does especially as they wear 3800 have it bad as the main oil passages are restricted past the cam bearings and it varies block to block a good bit (same phenomenon that gives us factory freaks and dogs)

guys on stock blocks and heads with IC and HV3 top-end and pump gas 93 with a T67 can run up to 20-21ish, its just having the right supporting mods

heck guy thats selling his gp has stock engine save for an HV3 top-end, on T67 and ST2 cam on 93 made 505whp with the stattama T67

lots of guys have trouble with 15 it seems sometimes without a good tune

I think with a 62-1 or something smaller can go up to mid 20s easily with the right supporting mods so who knows
1 bar is where the oem pcm cant properly compensate past....and the resolution between map readings isnt small enough to allow rescaling to work much better as the map ends up like a grainy old pic

i really wish the MS guys would finish their new setup with the trans controller...that would be the best for us 3800 guys

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I bet it was in the 17's james, and clearly the bottom end wasn't even breaking a sweat.
a whipple....with a 3inch lol....i do know it peggs a 20psi gauge erics too cheep to get a 30

edit i'd probably guess 20-23 before we get to belt slip with all the breathing mods she has....the 90mm tb is too small...we do draw a slight vac behind it at WOT

I'm thinking the riv was at more than 17... well if it wasn't slipping the belt so bad.

I'm thinking that kevins car will prolly see 250 psi. :)

yeah slip is the enemy...thats what the cog belt setup is for...9.5" crank 3.1 and 2.95" blower
you forgot the zero there chief :noes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info