Movie It: Chapter Two

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
With your kids?!? My son (7yo) has been asking to watch this movie. He sees clips on Youtube, and kids at school must have seen it. I just can't bring myself to let him watch it. Maybe when it airs on cable and is heavily edited, I might let him. He loves scary movies.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
With your kids?!? My son (7yo) has been asking to watch this movie. He sees clips on Youtube, and kids at school must have seen it. I just can't bring myself to let him watch it. Maybe when it airs on cable and is heavily edited, I might let him. He loves scary movies.

The only thing I censor from the kids is sex scenes...and it doesn't have any of those. A few adult jokes they probably shouldn't hear...but my 9 year old is the only one that even picks on on them anyways.

I took my girls to see Chapter One in the theater...they were 7 and 4 at the time. We'll definitely be seeing this one in the theater (as long as I can confirm there are no sex scenes)

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The only thing I censor from the kids is sex scenes...and it doesn't have any of those. A few adult jokes they probably shouldn't hear...but my 9 year old is the only one that even picks on on them anyways.

I took my girls to see Chapter One in the theater...they were 7 and 4 at the time. We'll definitely be seeing this one in the theater (as long as I can confirm there are no sex scenes)

I've read a couple of Stephen King books, and there is a weird amount of child sex. The passage in "It" made me really uncomfortable...

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019

My kids caught the part at the end when he was dancing and being all scary as shit. They are fucking scared for life man. They are 8,9. My 5yo hasnt seen any of it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
It's not so much the language as he already knows every curse word and iteration there of. You can't shield your kids from school bus rides and playgrounds. But he knows he will be in a heap of trouble if he gets caught using that language. He'll call it out if we're watching a movie, but he won't say it.

It's more so the violence and gore. He doesn't have nightmares ever really, but he's too scared to get out in the bed to pee in the middle of the night. It has caused some bed wetting quite a few times.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I never read the book...but I heard about how it ends with them all nailing Beverly. That is friggen disturbing. Thank God the movie doesn't have that shit in it.

The detail was the most disturbing...Stephen King is supposed to have a very vivid imagination, BUT I think some things are better left unsaid...it really wasn't even THAT crucial to the plot (it had some semblance of creating a closer bond between all of the kids after they hurt Pennywise into put him into hiding) but could have been done much more effectively in so many other ways.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't get out the pitchforks just yet, and I'm sure other authors have also written all sorts of crazy shit over the years (wasn't there some politician that they tried to string up based on his fiction writing?)

I never really got into most of Stephen King's books as they tend to be overly detailed and tedious. I'd like to get into the Dark Tower series, as that's supposedly good, just not had the opportunity.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Inforif@n20gtsaidthathebroughthischildtoseeITthentcgpolicesocietyaka@ilikebmtswouldbealloverhimbutcausesomeoneelsesaudititsfine

I ain't no parent, so I'm not going to preach to people about how to raise their own kids. I know plenty of people, that aren't parents, (not on this board) that would be more than happy to explain how you've completely fucked up your child. Glass houses or some shit.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info