It’s 2021, I need a new floor jack

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
So what say you guys? Looks like they’re hard to come by these days and things have gotten more expensive

My craftsman aluminum jack is no more and had a 15 year run.

I’d like something that goes to 19+ inches for height and low profile would be a big benefit if it was low profile since I’ve got two low vehicles as well as two tall ones.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I went today and they literally had nothing but the small 1.5t aluminum in stock

This one caught my eye but I’d probably have to wait till shit is in stock

Reactions: Rdrnnr

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I’ve had the Pittsburgh (Harbor Freight) 3 ton aluminum for years and I love it. Low enough to get under a regular car, lifts high enough to get my Escalade in the air for rear suspension work, light enough to move around with ease. Made by the same factory that makes Delco and a few other branded jacks you get at other stores.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I've been using harbor fright jacks for years, but non of the newer ones. Mine tend to go bad rather quickly, but they are to use every day. My current jack needs to be replaced, starting to leak out of one of the piston seals, but has about 2 years on it.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I have an older steel pittsburgh jack from The freight in the harbor. it's a 2.5 ton which they do not offer any more, it's the low profile one that they offered at the time.
It's been fine for 9 or so years.

It works for the rear end o the AT4 but not the front, so I splurged and bought a pro eagle BEAST off road jack :bigthumb:

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I have an older steel pittsburgh jack from The freight in the harbor. it's a 2.5 ton which they do not offer any more, it's the low profile one that they offered at the time.

It works for the rear end o the AT4 but not the front, so I splurged and bought a pro eagle BEAST off road jack :bigthumb:
Really? My 1.5ton lifted the front of my cucv (both wheels off the ground) pretty easily.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Oh man that’s low…..and tall :wackit:

It works great, gets under the Hellcat to lift it without me having to drive onto wood. Really makes life easier in the garage. My only knock I guess it the 2 ton rating, but I am not sure it matters much. Very happy with its performance thus far. Used it for my entire rear suspension install recently and it worked flawlessly.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Harbor freight 1.5 is awesome for little stuff.

Big jacks napa/Carlyle 3.5s period. Havin a tire shop I beat the living piss out of them even lifting unloaded semis one corner at a time and they just don't quit, maybe need a lil oil after couple years but that's it, wait til they're on sale tho they're like half normal price

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Oh man that’s low…..and tall :wackit:

That's actually the exact jack I have thats leaking, mine is just harbor freight. They don't have rebuild kits which sucks. Other then that, the jack is awesome, ive just keep topping it off. Its lower then my aluminum 1.5 ton jack, and will raise a car high enough I can get 6 ton jack stands under without maxing.

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020

Dude how is that pro eagle I always wanted to try one when I had a service truck

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I've had the super low profile extended reach HF jack, and I currently have the 3 ton aluminum HF jack. Lost the uber low profile HF jack to a friend who is no longer a friend. We were halves on it, so it wasn't worth asking for it.

I got the aluminum because it was 'lighter'. LoL. Its heavy enough that I don't want to move it at all.

I would have been better off with the small 1.5 ton Aluminum jack, and buying the 2.5ton long reach low profile again. A small jack for quick jobs, and a big jack for big jobs.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I've had the super low profile extended reach HF jack, and I currently have the 3 ton aluminum HF jack. Lost the uber low profile HF jack to a friend who is no longer a friend. We were halves on it, so it wasn't worth asking for it.

I got the aluminum because it was 'lighter'. LoL. Its heavy enough that I don't want to move it at all.

I would have been better off with the small 1.5 ton Aluminum jack, and buying the 2.5ton long reach low profile again. A small jack for quick jobs, and a big jack for big jobs.
The 1.5 ton aluminum hf jack seems quite useless with a 14” lift height.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I picked this up to replace my Costco Arcan jack and love it. Quality piece.

That's actually the exact jack I have thats leaking, mine is just harbor freight. They don't have rebuild kits which sucks. Other then that, the jack is awesome, ive just keep topping it off. Its lower then my aluminum 1.5 ton jack, and will raise a car high enough I can get 6 ton jack stands under without maxing.

I have the jack I believe Gav is describing and it is awesome. The one Greasy posted seems to be nearly identical to the specs and it looks the same minus colors. (y)(y) And yeah on the 6 ton comment. That was a huge reason I bought it.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Alright it’s between these two I think, decent weight difference for about a 4” max height difference and about $50

1625225825726.jpeg
  • Lift height of 3-1/4 in. to 24-1/4 in., ideal for low-profile vehicles to trucks and SUVs
  • Lift capacity of up to 6000 lb.
  • 103 lb.

or this one (which looks comparable to the okd

1625225875923.jpeg

• Lift height of 3-1/4 in. to 20 in., ideal for low-profile vehicles to trucks and SUVs
  • Lift capacity of up to 6000 lb.
  • Product Weight 79 lb.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info