It’s 2021, I need a new floor jack

OP
Bob Hope

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would buy the second one, not much of a difference besides the extra 4in of travel and the longer handle. spend that $50 on slim Jim’s, jerkey or peanutbutter cups.
Biggest benefit I could see is the long reach for getting to the rear diff on my two low vehicles but that’s about it and not like I had trouble before. 4” is significant but then so is $50 and 25lbs :rofl:

EmersonHart13

UNSUBSCRIBE
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll admit the big guy is fucking heavy. A buddy borrowed it one time and that was the last time it will leave my house ever again.

But don't let anyone tell you 4" isn't a big deal, because it is. I'd miss my 4" for sure

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
Really? My 1.5ton lifted the front of my cucv (both wheels off the ground) pretty easily.
There is a jacking point that is a roundish design. It's where the factory bottle jack is directed to be used. At that point, at full height, the pittsburgh jack does not lift the front tire off the ground. I'd rather not jack by the front diff or along the frame so the pro eagle was purchased.
It works great on my truck and I used it on the rear jack point on my dad's durango. It is pricey but worth the $

Dude how is that pro eagle I always wanted to try one when I had a service truck
It would be worth the $ if you have a large vehicle for sure.

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
There is a jacking point that is a roundish design. It's where the factory bottle jack is directed to be used. At that point, at full height, the pittsburgh jack does not lift the front tire off the ground. I'd rather not jack by the front diff or along the frame so the pro eagle was purchased.
It works great on my truck and I used it on the rear jack point on my dad's durango. It is pricey but worth the $

I figured it'd be great for field work with the big tires on it

OP
Bob Hope

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score

Oh yea, IFS shit.

OP
Bob Hope

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
One day I’ll get something other than a hi lift and a bottle jack for off-roading but not sure if there’s much better for my situations.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
I bet you would use it more than I do :rofl:

It was purchased for tire rotation purposes, which I do myself. And the occasional need to take the wheel off work.
other than that, it's just a fancy decoration for the garage

OP
Bob Hope

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like the extensions they have on the pad but I’d probably do a skid plate style before plastic wheels.

OP
Bob Hope

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
And just got back from an hour long round trip empty handed on the 24” lift HF jack. Fucking fuck. Also stopped at Costco hoping they’d have something and they did not.

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I mean I don't leave my garage to work anymore so my old ones are good enough.

I'm guessin 1.5s are backordered to hell like any other good shit anymore

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Shoulda tagged gav at the top and you at the bottom my bad

RebelTJ

Coyote Bus Lines
Reaction score
I actually picked up a portable floor jack with case at an estate sale last weekend for $20... The Sears special that I bought ages ago from someone in CGPC is getting quite rusty and I wanted a backup...

OP
Bob Hope

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
I actually picked up a portable floor jack with case at an estate sale last weekend for $20... The Sears special that I bought ages ago from someone in CGPC is getting quite rusty and I wanted a backup...
Alright I’ll take it.

OP
Bob Hope

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
OP
Bob Hope

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m disappointed.

I expected more out of this jack, no rapid pump, no rubber pad, the lowering mech is not smooth at all even with greasing it so lowering is sketchy and it also appears to maybe be slightly bent. It 3 wheels a lot.

My local HF had a long reach 3 ton in stock in orange. It’s got a similar minimum height and the max is 24”. It was also $35 cheaper.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Alright it’s between these two I think, decent weight difference for about a 4” max height difference and about $50

View attachment 93601

or this one (which looks comparable to the okd

View attachment 93602
I’m late to the party but the long reach lo pro is what I run

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom