YouTube Is Yamaha teasing a new R7? *Update - Full Reveal*

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
74 HP, ~50 lb-ft of torque.

Will be an okay starter bike, but not expecting any stellar performance numbers Enough twist to get you going, but not so much a new rider will shit themselves. Might be a decent novice/low intermediate level track bike, especially at that price point.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

I feel like Yamaha has done something remarkable with this bike. It is rewarding to ride and provides a great platform for learning and improvement as a rider. The liter-class modern supersports are so capable, and the rider aids so effective, that it makes it relatively easy for an inexperienced rider to get into big trouble out on the track or in the twisties.

The only nanny on the R7 is the non-switchable ABS, and the result is a bike that keeps you honest. However, thanks to its excellent chassis and capable suspension, the R7 never really stepped out of line. Only towards the end of the day, and on thoroughly thrashed tires, did I get the slightest wheel slip. That is a testament to how forgiving this bike really is and forgiveness is something that beginner and intermediate riders will truly benefit from.

You see, “change” can be good and for $8999.00 Yamaha has created one of the best values in the market today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info