📰 Auto News Is This Normal? 2021 F-150s Showing Chassis Surface Rust Upon Delivery

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I understand customers' complaints. This truck isn't just a workhorse anymore. It's being used as a luxury car - lifestyle, status -- and can be $70,000-plus with progressive technology. The issue might not have changed in the past few years, but the truck has. I don't think this would be as easily dismissed in a $70,000 Mercedes or Audi.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
That suspension hardware looks nasty already. Imagine when a poor peasant like myself picks one up used in 6-8years and actually has to work on it. Bolts be snappin’
giphy.gif

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I understand customers' complaints. This truck isn't just a workhorse anymore. It's being used as a luxury car - lifestyle, status -- and can be $70,000-plus with progressive technology. The issue might not have changed in the past few years, but the truck has. I don't think this would be as easily dismissed in a $70,000 Mercedes or Audi.
Agree, not to mention the diff is pretty visible on a truck

Reactions: IZZy and Yaj Yak

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
And people say rams rust out...

They do lol I remember selling a 17 ram with rust on cab not too long ago. I appraised a 17 chebby impala with 2 spots of rust on the door. Like damn that’s quick and both vehicles had low miles. This is on the body not the chassis or diff. The manufacturer should do a better job of coating these vehicles since everything is so expensive.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
They do lol I remember selling a 17 ram with rust on cab not too long ago. I appraised a 17 chebby impala with 2 spots of rust on the door. Like damn that’s quick and both vehicles had low miles. This is on the body not the chassis or diff. The manufacturer should do a better job of coating these vehicles since everything is so expensive.
My 15 is rust free with 135k and I have never waxed it...

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Lol you’re kidding right? Every time there is something even whispered about a Ford, your vagina starts throbbing and you just have to comment about how much Ford sucks!
I say nothing to you and yet here you are quoting my post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Maybe you missed it but this thread about Fords sucking and you feel the need to be a blue oval Karen. K.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info