• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is this bad?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Noticed this out of the blue yesterday as I noticed the brake dust on the inside of this specific wheel (Pass side rear) was worse than the rest of the wheels.

E2DC2189-7BC0-431B-A05F-D1839A4AED60_zpsojy9fyho.jpg

This obviously annoys me since I'm a little OCD, and part of my freaking brake is missing....

Do you think if I bring it to a dealer they are going to push back and say its Cosmetic? No vibration issues (Albeit I could always say there is...)

Would you push for a new rotor if they try that if you were in my position?

Honestly curious what your expectations would be.

It can't possibly be designed this way.... Right?

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Looking at the picture again I can see the inside of both are the same like that.

I feel educated, No need to be mean about it!

Sorry if I came off a bit brash. I've been in this field for 15 years and I hate when someone tells me they read it on the internet. Yes the net is a good tool, but it doesn't beat knowledge and experience of being a tech.

I have a buddy who always asks me questions, he doesn't like my answer then he asks another and then tells me I was right. No fucking shit I'm right, who does this for a living, I always wanna knock his teeth out.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Sorry if I came off a bit brash. I've been in this field for 15 years and I hate when someone tells me they read it on the internet. Yes the net is a good tool, but it doesn't beat knowledge and experience of being a tech.

I have a buddy who always asks me questions, he doesn't like my answer then he asks another and then tells me I was right. No fucking shit I'm right, who does this for a living, I always wanna knock his teeth out.

It just seems like something that a normal consumer would see and might stop and think 'that doesn't look quite right', and to not find it under some good old googling is why it brought me pause.

Take it to the dealer you bought it from, I'm sure they will help you

Sounds like they would laugh me out of the service bay :jg:

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
It just seems like something that a normal consumer would see and might stop and think 'that doesn't look quite right', and to not find it under some good old googling is why it brought me pause.

That reminds me of years ago when cars and trucks had real oil PSI gauges and not dummy ones.

Had one person tell me something is wrong with their s10, I asked what it was and they told me the oil PSI is going up and down. Told them it was supposed to do that. They insisted I was wrong, and went to a dealer got popped for $100 diag to be told no issue found. They bitched me out because they wouldn't listen to me.

Now because of that happening all the time most automobiles have dummy gauges.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info