Is the Integra Type R the next import to go crazy with prices?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I agree, but 65k special? If yes whats the limit on it?

The limit is what someone is willing to pay for it. People around our/my age were too young to buy one back in 1996, now people around the same age that are successful want one but they want it as close to new as possible and will pay whatever it takes to get it. Same with the NSX, same with the Supra, same with an incredibly mint 6,000 mile 1967 Chevy Camaro Z28 with numbers matching everything and original paint.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The limit is what someone is willing to pay for it. People around our/my age were too young to buy one back in 1996, now people around the same age that are successful want one but they want it as close to new as possible and will pay whatever it takes to get it. Same with the NSX, same with the Supra, same with an incredibly mint 6,000 mile 1967 Chevy Camaro Z28 with numbers matching everything and original paint.

Cars like that don't appeal to me, but I can understand it.I'd rather buy something well cared for with miles so I can drive it.

Back on topic.

The reason I ask is sure there is one person but whats the real number. Like he pays 65k, goes to sell tomorrow and can only get 55k because he is that one guy. Is there a big enough following for this car to support ever inflating prices?

I'd argue NSX and Supra are in a different category and the Camaro is in another category. All three have wider mass appeal and therefore more bidders.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I could see an early 97 production number being worth decent coin but 79/1000 isn’t nearly as rare (though championship white is where it’s at for an ITR).

This looks like a car worth half that. Absolutely the most fun fwd car I’ve gotten to drive. A friend had a 97 with AC and only mod being rpf1’s and R compound tires. Also my first time experiencing lift throttle over steer. Too bad it was stolen, stripped and returned to the same spot within 24hr. Assholes.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I agree, but 65k special? If yes whats the limit on it?
It’s no different than some other silly rare car. The fact that Honda touched and massages every bit of that car makes it extra cool. Not some stupid appearance package or badging package. They made more GNX’s than 97 ITR’s. Everything someone remembers ogling in their youth will be worth money and not everyone will agree.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
From what I understand you are not exaggerating. They treated this can like they were developing a super car.

I'm not debating it's special nor that it's rare.

Moreso debating if it is appreciated enough to keep running the price up as most think it's just a fwd Honduh.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I get it though. These 90’s imports/millennials are the new 60’s muscle cars/baby boomers phenomenon. Most of the later would want a chevelle or gto but some really want a nova. There are parrellels one could make with the NSX/Supra argument while some really have an affinity for the integral type r.

To me I’d rather have an nsx or supra (obviously) but it’s not like I don’t understand the same sort of passion someone could have for the integra. I just don’t get it myself.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The ITR is a much more "special" car than a Supra, NSX would be a fight because that thing has a TON of shit in it that was all cutting edge. It was literally the fastest car around the ring for a whilst with the maintenance of a Honda Accord. No other car could compare at the time. Shit, just look up all of the special little things they did for the original Honda Insight, all aluminum body, s2000 steering wheel before the s2000. The ITR in 1995 had a hand ported head, stitch welded body panels for rigidity, made 109hp/ltr N/A back in the mid 90's. It's an amazing car and now, with a clean title, low number of owners, numbers matching everything, they are collectable and worth a lot.

The only reason Supra's are popular is because people could make a ton of power on the stock motor. Now it's popular because they're fuckin' awesome and same power reasons. There isn't anything "special" about the Supra, it was an iron block inline 6 car with twin turbos and it was RWD. :dunno:

I do always wonder though, once we can start importing them legally if that will bring the prices down because there will be more of them here, same with the Supra, probably not so much the NSX, but who knows. We'll find out in the next 5-6yrs.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info