🚘 Automotive Is the Coyote engine the most overrated engine of all time?

1quick

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
you on some boooshit

I'm about $400 into my longblock before cam and lifters but I don't expect it to live forever.

The new mill from a retail standpoint has some bucks in it.
No head studs? Or rod or main bolts? stock valve springs? truck intake and heads? Gaskets all original? Original timing chain? Pushrods? If so I’m fully impressed

1quick

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Hmm I do have head studs, new valve springs, stock heads that I had decked, head gaskets, stock timing chain, aftermarket pushrods, after market cam, aftermarket intake.

I am running a truck engine from 2005, not some fancy engine from 2018.
So what your saying then is your way more than 400 into your long block before cam and lifters, without knowing what intake your running id guess your more than 400 into that, springs retainers keepers seals- say 300 for that pushrods say 100 bucks, arp studs are what 300, heads decked so some machine shop time that’s probably a hundred or so, imagine you did a valve job if you took the time to have the heads decked new valves or did you put the old valves back in, plus the price of the motor, oh the hidden cost of the junk yard ls motor

1quick

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I am just busting your balls and I know that you can reuse most of that in your next motor but your probably more like 2k deep in that 400 dollar long block before the cam and lifters if not more, I’m not just a coyote nut swinger I swing from everything cool and fast and never owned a ford until 2014

BOTTLEFED

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
I am just busting your balls and I know that you can reuse most of that in your next motor but your probably more like 2k deep in that 400 dollar long block before the cam and lifters if not more, I’m not just a coyote nut swinger I swing from everything cool and fast and never owned a ford until 2014
Fuck that, im a coyote nut swinger Ls can eat a fat dick. 🤣

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
1quick 1quick total cost in this pic is $500 plus or minus $8,000

engine 2.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
Staff member
TCG Premium
Super Moderator
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Because for decades we have had to hear LS guys repeat this crap over and over and over. So they sure seem to believe it. Not sure anyone else does tho 😂
I’m thousands in to an ls swap and I already owned the engine :rofl:

Thread Info