Dayton Ohio
giphy.gif

porsche-911-carrera-safari-640x534.jpg

1421330844-screen_shot_2015-01-15_at_90924_am.png

porsche-911-4x4.jpg

hlbd-ezb-1577375979.jpeg

If you don't know who this is, you better go find out. lol

7.jpg

And Ecoboost is the best set up for the Raptor. And like @jakJay says, tune all the ecoboosts.

Yep, that’s stock, right off the dealership floor...

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yeahhhh the EB braaptor is conservatively a low 14 second truck stock, well in to the 13’s tuned. 6.2 boat anchor raptor is in mid15’s and a tune doesn’t do shit for them

would not give up that much acceleration and mod-ability for a better sound from an n/a v8

gimme the wet fart and all the pahhhh that comes with it

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I can't wait for Ford to grab their nuts back out of their wives' purse, put the 7.3 in it, and all these dumb fuck ecogarbage nuthuggers suddenly praise the 7.3 and realize how shit their chain rattling mistake actually was.

Its only 8k for a crate.

Hell thats less than a nice whipple kit for my mustang LOL!

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
So it sounds like it is perfect timing, and then those should be covered for another year because they were just replaced. (or does that not happen anymore?)
Yeah, paperwork said all new parts have a one year warranty. They fuckin replaced everything!! Phasers, timing chains, sensors, bunch of shit I've never heard of, lol!

If this shit happened out of warranty I would have traded it in!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I can't wait for Ford to grab their nuts back out of their wives' purse, put the 7.3 in it, and all these dumb fuck ecogarbage nuthuggers suddenly praise the 7.3 and realize how shit their chain rattling mistake actually was.
You act like the EB’s issues are just because it’s a v6. Ford has had cam phaser and timing chain problems for decades in multiple different engines, most of them v8’s. It’s a ford issue, not an issue with how many cylinders the engine has

5.4, 5.0, even some of the boat anchor 6.2’s had those issues. What makes you think putting a v8 in the raptor would solve anything? The 7.3 really doesn’t seem that impressive on paper imo, but is the only decent option for an HD truck. Raptor isn’t an HD truck..it’s a performance truck

Reactions: crooks

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Yeah, paperwork said all new parts have a one year warranty. They fuckin replaced everything!! Phasers, timing chains, sensors, bunch of shit I've never heard of, lol!

If this shit happened out of warranty I would have traded it in!

You should see the amount of EB defenders say that after the warranty expires they're getting rid of it BECAUSE they don't want to be on the hook for them. It amazes me.

You act like the EB’s issues are just because it’s a v6. Ford has had cam phaser problems for decades in multiple different engines, most of them v8’s. It’s a ford issue, not an issue with how many cylinders the engine has

5.4, 5.0, even some of the boat anchor 6.2’s had those issues. What makes you think putting a v8 in the raptor would solve anything? The 7.3 really doesn’t seem that impressive on paper imo, but is the only decent option for an HD truck. Raptor isn’t an HD truck

Bruh.

6.2 was a super duty engine that was a good platform to throw different cams at and make more power, as the SVT team did. If you don't think the 7.3 won't be co-opted by the Ford Performance team, regardless if it goes into the Raptor or not, idk what to tell you.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Old job we had two SD's, one with the 5-speed auto and 5.4. and one with the 6.2 and 6-speed auto. Night and day difference. The 6-speed auto was awesome, but the 6.2 had a ton of punch, even in the detuned SD trim
If the new alumiduty didn't ride like absolute horseshit I would have gotten one.

My old one ton of fun with 170k on it rode ten times better than the new gas alumiduty I drove

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
If the new alumiduty didn't ride like absolute horseshit I would have gotten one.

My old one ton of fun with 170k on it rode ten times better than the new gas alumiduty I drove

Both our SD's rode like complete ass, unless we had the plow on it, even then they weren't what I'd call good. But they were XL's, with tow/plow preps, I'm assuming stiffer springs, etc.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info