Is the 2021 Raptor getting a V8?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Highly doubt it. The boomer ecoblownphaser nuthuggers are a cult that wouldn't let this stand and Ford loves listening to them.

Also, all I hear is road noise and wind.

Would think the older community, especially “Boomers”, prefer a V8... grew up in the 1950s - 1970s era.

Not sure how many Boomers (that age bracket) buy Raptors.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
I’ve had a 6.2 v8 raptor, compared to my ‘18, it was a slug. So.... if the new v8 is n/a, then I would have little interest, but if it’s the blown 5.2, then I’d say I would be interested in the crossover back to a v8. I pretty much hate the way the v6 sounds, but damn...... it is a strong runner. As far as the Fiat RDX,TRX whatever the fuck they call it. I wouldn’t take it if it stickered for $8.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
***googles what 6.2 raptors run the 1/4 in****

giphy.gif

***googles what ecoturd raptors run the 1/4 in****

giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What it runs in The quarter is irrelevant, unless you want to compare how it runs in sand or dirt versus just about anything.

:rofl:

It's entirely relevant, you said "I’ve had a 6.2 v8 raptor, compared to my ‘18, it was a slug."

I had ZERO idea how quick either was... so i googled their 1/4 mile times. and snickered.

tell us more about your bahaha truck and all your transcontinental offroad adventures at 100+ mph off pavement.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
:rofl:

It's entirely relevant, you said "I’ve had a 6.2 v8 raptor, compared to my ‘18, it was a slug."

I had ZERO idea how quick either was... so i googled their 1/4 mile times. and snickered.

tell us more about your bahaha truck and all your transcontinental offroad adventures at 100+ mph off pavement.

No one buys these for a 1/4 mile toy. My ‘13 felt like it was dragging an anchor compared to the ‘18.

The Raptor’s purpose was to run off road, and it does that, a Mustang, Camaro, Porsche purpose is not off road, but they are all 1/4 mile contenders, exactly what they were designed for. So, what’s the question?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
No one buys these for a 1/4 mile toy. My ‘13 felt like it was dragging an anchor compared to the ‘18.

The Raptor’s purpose was to run off road, and it does that, a Mustang, Camaro, Porsche purpose is not off road, but they are all 1/4 mile contenders, exactly what they were designed for. So, what’s the question?

you called one a "slug"

i wanted an objective measurement for your subjective statement. i got one.

there is no question here. do you see a question mark posted by me somewhere?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info