3800 Is it safe?

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Thanks for the reply,

I used the coupler that came with the Mag Snout. Perhaps it was shot to begin with, but before we put the snout back on we tested it and it seated fine..The old coupler is still attached to my old snout..

Like I said before..Its not a rattling sound or anything, just sounds like a teapot whistling and seems to climb up on the rpms until obviously I cannot hear it anymore since the CAI overshadows it. I dont believe I have any vac leaks (idles around 18hg and when I let of the gas in drive it goes to around 20hg) and boost stays constant around 11-11.5 psi, I also have been checking for oil leaks from the snout religiously but dont see anything out of the ordinary...

Maybe if I have sometime tommorow I'll try to pinpoint exactly where its coming from..I guess I will stop by the dealership in the afternoon or so and pick up a bottle of SC oil, since I am not sure whether I can use the SC oil that came with the Magnuson snout kit..

Thanks!!

Joel
'99 GTP

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Nov 21 2003, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I used the coupler that came with the Mag Snout. Perhaps it was shot to begin with, but before we put the snout back on we tested it and it seated fine..The old coupler is still attached to my old snout..

Like I said before..Its not a rattling sound or anything, just sounds like a teapot whistling and seems to climb up on the rpms until obviously I cannot hear it anymore since the CAI overshadows it. I dont believe I have any vac leaks (idles around 18hg and when I let of the gas in drive it goes to around 20hg) and boost stays constant around 11-11.5 psi, I also have been checking for oil leaks from the snout religiously but dont see anything out of the ordinary...

Maybe if I have sometime tommorow I'll try to pinpoint exactly where its coming from..I guess I will stop by the dealership in the afternoon or so and pick up a bottle of SC oil, since I am not sure whether I can use the SC oil that came with the Magnuson snout kit..

Thanks!!

Joel
'99 GTP
did you pull off the WHOLE BLOWER? Did you torque it down correctly? How much S/C fluid did you put in after the mag snout? Was it a clear bottle, or a small blue bottle from GM? If it was a little blue GM bottle, you need 2, if it was the big clear bottle from Magnusen, thats all you need. Was the fluid to the bottom of the fill hole, even with the bottom of the threads for the plug? Thats where it should be.
try another pulley size bigger and see if the noise changes or stays the same. Take off the S/C belt, and wiggle the pulley back and forth, to se if you can feel any slop in the coupler.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Yeah we pretty much followed everything to a "T". We removed the snout only, bolts torqued down to 20ft/lbs, used GM supercharger oil (2 bottles), etc etc. I will hafta find sometime this weekend and test somethings to see if I can quiet her down.

The car runs great and everything seems to be normal, just sounds like I have electrical interference under the hood and it gets annoying to the ears after while LOL..

Appreciate the reply!

Joel

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
hehe, when I said I followed everything to a "T" I should've said in terms of torquing the bolts down, etc. I only removed my old snout and replaced with new for the install...I did rip a portion of the gasket under the snout when I was removing the old snout, it was a very small part however and the rest of the gasket still sticks out of the supercharger/manifold...

Dunno, maybe its just normal..Won't know until I can get another opinion!

Thanks,

Joel
'99 GTP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info