đź“Š Poll Is Christmas Vacation a shitty movie?

Is it a shit movie?

• Yes

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 78 88.6%

• Total voters

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Straight garbage
season 3 go to hell GIF by A&E

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I enjoy being part of the few

kenan thompson snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
I think if you weren't the right age when this came out originally, then it doesn't hold up. I was the right age, but this movie and A Christmas Story just missed my radar as a kid. We watched It's A Wonderful Life every xmas as a kid.

Both Christmas Vacation and a Christmas Story were watched by me, as an adult, for the first time 10-15 years ago and they didn't impress me that much.

In contrast, both movies were an annual staple in my wife's household growing up, so she LOVES them, but she also never watched Star Wars, still have never seen any Star Wars movie start to finish.

My $.02

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think if you weren't the right age when this came out originally, then it doesn't hold up. I was the right age, but this movie and A Christmas Story just missed my radar as a kid. We watched It's A Wonderful Life every xmas as a kid.

Both Christmas Vacation and a Christmas Story were watched by me, as an adult, for the first time 10-15 years ago and they didn't impress me that much.

In contrast, both movies were an annual staple in my wife's household growing up, so she LOVES them, but she also never watched Star Wars, still have never seen any Star Wars movie start to finish.

My $.02

you never watched christmas vacation or christmas story until 2007-2012?

you're kidding right? :rofl:

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
you never watched christmas vacation or christmas story until 2007-2012?

you're kidding right? :rofl:
I am not kidding.

Must have been a very Christian household. They dont watch that filth.
I grew up in a Catholic household with immigrant parents. My mom especially didn't have much knowledge about american pop culture in the 80s when I was a kid. There are alot of things like this that I can't think of now.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Just watched this again over the weekend, what’s not to love?

1. It’s basically based in Chicago
2. It has a funny cartoon introduction
3. The sledding scene
4. Car action with road rage and driving under a semi trailer
5. Decent cast
6. It’s a comedy, so not to be taken too seriously
6. It’s a Christmas movie

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I will say, when they play it (as well as a Christmas Story) on loop and/or three different channels, a month before the actual holiday, it wears it out it's novelty/charm a little.

It's now December 12th, and I think we've watched it 100x already because it's the kids default when nothing else is on.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I will say, when they play it (as well as a Christmas Story) on loop and/or three different channels, a month before the actual holiday, it wears it out it's novelty/charm a little.

It's now December 12th, and I think we've watched it 100x already because it's the kids default when nothing else is on.
A lot of Christmas movies are this way. I liked a lot of them when I first saw them, but I don't need to watch the same movie 20x each year til the end of time.

Oh. Christmas Vacation still sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I’m bumping this cause I totally forgot I created “24 hours of Christmas Vacation” on Facebook back in 2010. ??? I posted a little bit but then forgot about it.

Last month someone sent a FB message saying they met Randy Quaid and sent the picture. It was cool and I feel kinda bad I never did anything with the page. It even has 88 followers and I haven’t done a damn thing with it. ??

Anyone want a 24 hours of Christmas Vacation FB page?

Here is the pic the guy sent.

IMG_5889.png

Thread Info