📊 Poll Is Chicago a shithole?

Is Chicago a shithole?

• Total voters

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I can't imagine what this dudes search history looks like for this 6 month old thread to pop up and feel the need to comment.

Hmmm…. I see what is going on.
Think About It GIF by Identity
Bumping old threads to increase traffic.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
This is sad....was a great experience at this restaurant, although I admittedly haven't had dinner in Chicago since covid....

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
This is sad....was a great experience at this restaurant, although I admittedly haven't had dinner in Chicago since covid....

Do we know if there was any prior notice???? I would have loved to get in one final hurrah

Also some folks are saying "if it was so damn expensive' lmfaoooooo. Sig room is one of thee most reasonably priced downtown restaurants...I think the food was great, not incredible but the view was

Screenshot_20230928_181345_Chrome.jpg

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Do we know if there was any prior notice???? I would have loved to get in one final hurrah

Also some folks are saying "if it was so damn expensive' lmfaoooooo. Sig room is one of thee most reasonably priced downtown restaurants...I think the food was great, not incredible but the view was

View attachment 180272

Apparently no notice was given. And what you said is 100% spot on....food was great (but not mind-blowingly great), but paired with the view it was an outstanding experience. And prices were definitely reasonable.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Yeah I was kind of bummed out to see the signature room announcing it's closure. It was a great place to take family or out of town guests. Prices were fair, food was good, and the views of the city were incredible. I also liked grabbing a drink in the signature lounge. Was always a cool spot for finishing a night out in the city.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
My favorite part of dining there was multiple floor circular drive to get to the parking garage at the Hancock.

drift drifting GIF

Wife and I use to go to the 95th room often when we lived in rosemont. Sad to see it go was it decent food with a good view more of the time.

We actually liked the Italian market on the lower level called L’appetito better sometimes, especially coming back from the oak street beach.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I read some chick had her wedding booked there for this Sunday. The wedding planner, even called her Wednesday to confirm lol.
No word in the story if the wedding will go on as the chick hadnt heard from anyone
Channel 7 used that as part of the story last night.

I'd be fucking on their ass if it were me.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
never had anything there but did the hustle up the hancock so have taken the stairs from the basement to it at least 3 times. i have a shirt from each time with me here in thailand actually lol.
We went there for work Christmas parties before and I know one year the fire alarm went off and everyone had to walk down from the 95th. Happened about 20 minutes after I left too. 😂

Thread Info