TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
1676327110761.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I said no based on actual downtown (the loop) and not the neighborhoods. Chicago is EXTREMELY clean for a city of its size. Compared to places like New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Philadelphia, or any other city of it's size it's ridiculously clean. If you count the neighborhoods, then that changes a bit.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Most that answer yes will be guys like Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo that are afraid of the city and never leave their safe haven suburbs.
Or guys that believe everything "someone told them" or shit they hear on the internet.
Its far from dirty compared to other big cities that I have visited. Some of the best food and nightlife in the entire country is in Chgo.
Yes like any big city it has its shitty parts, and even those areas arent that bad. But your not going to the city to hang out in the shitty parts, I do but that shit is in my blood. I'm white AF and have no issues or fear of any neighborhood in the city. I'll ride in my 71 anywhere and everywhere in the city, NFG.
Stray too far away from there and it gets scummy.
Maybe 10yrs ago, not like that anymore.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Most that answer yes will be guys like Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo that are afraid of the city and never leave their safe haven suburbs.
Or guys that believe everything "someone told them" or shit they hear on the internet.
Its far from dirty compared to other big cities that I have visited. Some of the best food and nightlife in the entire country is in Chgo.
Yes like any big city it has its shitty parts, and even those areas arent that bad. But your not going to the city to hang out in the shitty parts, I do but that shit is in my blood. I'm white AF and have no issues or fear of any neighborhood in the city. I'll ride in my 71 anywhere and everywhere in the city, NFG.

Maybe 10yrs ago, not like that anymore.
It's been just about a year now for me, but from what I saw, COVID kinda fucked up downtown a little bit. I was a bit sketched out with my wife working down there (River North, of all places) for a while. I hope that has gone away by now, but it was bad for a bit.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Love the city (visiting). Couldn’t take living there much longer. Such a solid variety of entertainment, cuisines, scenery, hotels, etc. I feel like you can get world-class cuisine of any type in Chicago, which can’t be said for every city. Maggie Daley park is one of the best playgrounds out there. It’s still a treat to make a night/weekend out of heading downtown.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Shithole in terms of garbage on the street, no.

Shithole in terms of an increase in terms of crime on the street, yes. You can spot the baddies a mile away. I pick up my oldest from his job in w'ville and I notice them at night on the weekends. Where I live it's they stick out like a sore thumb (Roscoe Village).

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shithole in terms of garbage on the street, no.

Shithole in terms of an increase in terms of crime on the street, yes. You can spot the baddies a mile away. I pick up my oldest from his job in w'ville and I notice them at night on the weekends. Where I live it's they stick out like a sore thumb (Roscoe Village).
I'm curious, what defines a "baddie" to you?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I voted no. We have amazing architecture, great neighborhoods, great food and things to do. Sadly it's given a bad rap because of certain sections/areas of the city that ARE in fact bad. But generally the common areas are fine. One of the things I miss about not working down in the Loop anymore is nice spring/summer days at lunch. :)

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Young, back pack, wearing a hoodie, wearing a mask when nobody else is. Sounds like a lot of kids but really it's not.
Kinda what I thought you would go with and thats the farthest thing from being true. How do you know they are young if they have masks and hoodies on?
Drive around shitty neighborhoods and you dont see that shit especially the backpacks lol. Hoodies more so than masks but you do see a few wearing the masks, but thats due to the weather. Now when they go pull a hit, then yes they are masked up, you have to be an idiot not to be. But they arent pulling hits in Roscoe Village.

Thread Info