• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is an aftermarket K-member REALLY worth it?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If you are putting on long tubes, then for gaining access - especially for oil pan parties - and weight reduction, Yes.

However, if you do get one, for being driven on the streets ensure you go with a quality brand that can handle bumps, pot holes, etc. as the weaker K members will snap.

Here is a weight reduction list (especially check out your stereo, wheels/tires and power seats - SNAP):

http://users.adelphia.net/~mustang-92/Weight Reduction.htm

Dave

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
like somone else said.. for the street, not really.

it reduces weight and will help handling (depending on which one u get). i would only get one if it is going to see a crap load of road racing track time as i see the biggest benifit in handling. i would go with the maximum motorsports one which is more on improving handling.

other reason to get one would be if you are going turbo.

i think you should look into the panhard bar/torque arm setup from MM :cool:

venomouss

Jul 25, 2005
I have the UPR Chromolly K and tubular a arms along with strange coil overs and I have not noticed any difference in ride or handling with the car. What I have noticed is that anything I want to work on is wide open underneath that part I love. Plus the weight reduction between that and the IRS swap my car has lost alot of weight. I only did this because I had to pull the motor to put in a built motor so I had it all apart already but in hindsight it was a good decision.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
slow4.6 said:
if you work on your own car, its the best investment. it makes it so much better to work on

I second this. Not to mention it is a nice chunk of weight off the front of the car.

I've had mine on the car for 5 years. I have a D&D. It does not make noise...nor do my D&D coil overs. I've probably put 30K miles on the car w/ that K-member.

I also have to agree that you need to plan for another trans. The T45s don't like much abuse.

I don't think you need to worry about an intercooler right now. At your boost levels the inlet temps don't get that hot. The Vortech Aftercooler is restrictive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info