NEW RIDE Irrational Life Decisions- Saab Content

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
So I accidentally ended up buying a Saab this week. I had been casually looking for a daily to keep miles off my STi. My one condition was that it had to be AWD/4WD and could serve as a suitable winter mountain vehicle. I stumbled on this beauty and couldn’t say say no after the test drive.

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i. One owner Colorado car with 180k on it. Exterior has some bumps and bruises but the interior is pristine. Looking forward to driving a car that gets 15/20 MPG right now. It makes no sense, but I already love it. Now I cross my fingers and hope I don’t ever have to replace the Saab specific parts.

I’m feeling a little lazy, so here are mostly the stock photos from the dealer.

34EBAFF9-499F-4EE0-BC50-402511E9D019.jpeg

529D5B22-7CA2-4AB4-8CC4-E1373917918A.jpeg

8BE3DE08-C347-477A-85B9-106E0C740C69.jpeg

B86CA71F-F658-407A-B174-33C3744781B5.jpeg

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Very nice for its age and mileage! Enjoy it!

I used to own a 07 of the same model. Aside from the popout cup holder and the center console ignition cylinder, everything else mechanical was standard GM parts.

The 5.3 had issues with the Displacement on Demand and oil/carbon build-up in one of the cylinders. Hopefully that was addressed by the previous owner.

The springs were "special" from what I remember. It dropped it by 1/2 or 1". Bilsteins were standard shocks.

IIRC, I would average between 15-16 MPGs mixed driving. 20 on the highway would work if you cruised around 60.

I have some new parts (front endlinks and axle fluid) that I recently posted for sale if you are interested:

-Tommy

Reactions: Euro and Mook

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
efans/intake/tune/stall do it

Is that what Devin did back in the day? That thing moved out pretty good.

Very nice for its age and mileage! Enjoy it!

I used to own a 07 of the same model. Aside from the popout cup holder and the center console ignition cylinder, everything else mechanical was standard GM parts.

The 5.3 had issues with the Displacement on Demand and oil/carbon build-up in one of the cylinders. Hopefully that was addressed by the previous owner.

The springs were "special" from what I remember. It dropped it by 1/2 or 1". Bilsteins were standard shocks.

IIRC, I would average between 15-16 MPGs mixed driving. 20 on the highway would work if you cruised around 60.

I have some new parts (front endlinks and axle fluid) that I recently posted for sale if you are interested:

-Tommy
Unfortunately my cup holder is broken/missing haha. 9-7 versions are going for $400 and up and eBay. 9-5 ones are much cheaper and it sounds like they work mostly okay. So I will probably go that route.

I think I’m good on parts at the moment. Thanks though. I can reach out if that changes.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield

Unfortunately my cup holder is broken/missing haha. 9-7 versions are going for $400 and up and eBay. 9-5 ones are much cheaper and it sounds like they work mostly okay. So I will probably go that route.

I think I’m good on parts at the moment. Thanks though. I can reach out if that changes.
I believe I replaced mine with one for a 9-5. Didn't quite fit like the stock one but it did the trick.

Reactions: 1998gpgt

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

indeed

Thread Info