One week.

giphy.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Okay. I’ll keep watch in the thread for updates. Might have someone tagging along coming from the far south. If delayed I will meet at track, aiming for 9:30 at the latest.

I think by now I’m easily identifiable. Skinny in black and white leathers, lol.

If I accidentally mix into a match/hat race just throw a fire extinguisher at me to get my attention.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just a note... I planning on mixing racing and shooting photos throughout the day, trying to pace myself.

If anyone wants to make sure I get shots of them, like 8fps (frames per second) in the water box or launching, come find me and let me know. That way I know which car(s) to keep an eye out for, and I can make a log of the photos so I don't have to go searching through a few thousand of them.

I'll take a selfie tomorrow morning with my street clothes so I can be easily found. Other than that I'll be the only person wearing full racing leathers (black and white), easy to find.

Lastly, if anyone other than the organizers are bringing 2-way radios, I'll bring mine with for when I'm walking around, and have it on a channel (will note in the AM) so you can holler to get my attention.

Reactions: Teege24

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Mook Mook how long will these events run for appx? (duration)
  • 11:15ish street car starts
  • 11:30 slow car starts
No idea. I'm guessing we'll be wrapped up with the hat races by 3? Its really gonna depend on when we can actually start racing. If the rain holds off overnight, the goal is to get the track running around 10.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So if it rains early am, the event timings will be pushed back? Hopefully it doesn't
The bigger concern is how much (if at all) it rains overnight. That could massively delay getting the track dry. If it continues to rain in the morning, its going to be up to GLD to decide what happens next. We only have the track until 4:30.

However, we were in a similar situation in August and everything worked out...so i'm still staying optimistic.

Thread Info