Iphone Question for Iphone bruhs

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
So, I have an S5 and I really don't like it. Over the past couple of months it freezes up on me for no reason out of nowhere. I want to upgrade to an Iphone 6s but I am not sure if it has the same streaming capabilities as the androids. You know, where you hit that little thing in the top corner and it instantly connects whatever you're watching to your smart TV? I use that feature all the time.

So, can it do that? Or would I need to also purchase the Apple TV thing along with the phone?

And also, if any of you would know, does the LG V10 also have this capability?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Samsung to Samsung only. Unless there is an app maybe?

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
As far as I know you can only stream to the TV from an Iphone using Apple TV.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
My vizio tv used to support Netflix and YouTube but it had an update that got rid of that. :dunno:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Apple TV would be the most straightforward version of that functionality. There might be some apps that pair with a smart TV.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I send videos to my TV from the 6S via roku3. It's really nice if you stumble upon a YouTube video that's more than a few minutes long.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
My LG tv will pick up my iPhone and stream stuff from the phone..... But only if it also has the app on the TV (like YouTube , Amazon, or Netflix). Otherwise you'd need an Apple TV for mirroring

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
So it looks like I likely have to get apple TV to have the same streaming options. I wish I knew someone with an Iphone 6s to see if they can stream their stuff to my TV.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I stream to my chromecast from my 6s just fine.
Interesting. It looks like they recently added more iOS functionality than when I last used Chromecast. Mine has just been chilling in the box because Apple TV did everything I needed it to. Will have to download the new Chromecast app and give it a try.

Angus

Reaction score
Interesting. It looks like they recently added more iOS functionality than when I last used Chromecast. Mine has just been chilling in the box because Apple TV did everything I needed it to. Will have to download the new Chromecast app and give it a try.
There were more casting options with my galaxy s5 than with ios, like screen casting i believe, but ios will cast the major apps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom