TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
awkward uncomfortable smile GIF by Originals

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

While privacy groups and apps applaud Apple for the expansion of end-to-end encryption in ‌iCloud‌, governments have reacted differently. In a statement to The Washington Post, the FBI, the largest intelligence agency in the world, said it's "deeply concerned with the threat end-to-end and user-only-access encryption pose." The bureau said that end-to-end encryption and Apple's Advanced Data Protection make it harder for them to do their work and that they request "lawful access by design."

"This hinders our ability to protect the American people from criminal acts ranging from cyber-attacks and violence against children to drug trafficking, organized crime, and terrorism," the bureau said in an emailed statement. "In this age of cybersecurity and demands for 'security by design,' the FBI and law enforcement partners need 'lawful access by design.'"

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Dropped my phone on Sunday, back of the phone cracked by the camera lenses and the opposite lower corner. The screen has had some deep scratches from previous shit, but figured since I have AppleCare, I'd submit a claim. They now offer "express replacement" so for $99, they'll send me a new (same) phone, and I'll just mail my old one back in. Which, solves the other plaguing problem I've been having, which is shit battery life.

Just an FYI to you other blue bubble friends!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Dropped my phone on Sunday, back of the phone cracked by the camera lenses and the opposite lower corner. The screen has had some deep scratches from previous shit, but figured since I have AppleCare, I'd submit a claim. They now offer "express replacement" so for $99, they'll send me a new (same) phone, and I'll just mail my old one back in. Which, solves the other plaguing problem I've been having, which is shit battery life.

Just an FYI to you other blue bubble friends!
I really need to replace my ageing SE 2020 that's out of extended Apple Care. The battery health quickly dropped from 92% to 82%, and then sat at 82% for 14 months. New models are just too expensive.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'm planning on upgrading when the 15 comes out, but honestly now, I may not have to.
The 15 is a strong contender for me. But I'm waiting to see if Apple fucks us with the USB-C port and restricts the throughput to USB 2.0 speeds, like they did with the iPad Mini's. If they do I'll look for a 13 Pro or 14 Pro. But I do need four phones total (for the family).

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Battery Health is at 78% on my iPhone X. Depending on how iPhone 15's connection goes (if it allows USB-C full speed) controls whether or not I limp my X along for another year.

Phone currently does everything it's supposed to do reliably. The battery life is shortened at 78%, but still acceptable as long as I charge it daily.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
only Apple would intentionally cripple a universal standard because Apple. Had to be a painful decision after milking the cult user base for years over proprietary connectors, but please by all means enjoy the transfer speeds from circa 2001 :iorofl:

Why would you need high speed usb? You're supposed to pay for their shitty icloud backup

• Haha
Reactions: radioguy6

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info