Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Expensive.

15 Pro 512gb black titanium.

Got $450 for my iPhone X 256gb.

$24/mo for the next 3 years.

Did the math. Compound interest on the full price over the next 3 years adds up to about $159 in interest.

So since it’s a 0% loan it made more sense to finance than pay out right.

If I had bought outright it would have been an $11 credit on my bill every month for the next 3 years.

By financing it with the credit I it adds $24/mo to the phone bill.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
However apparently Verizon is having activation issues in my area. Grrr. It wouldn’t activate out of the box. So I went on the website and after logging in there was an option to start activating the phone. Kicked it off and boy did it de-activate my old phone fast.

But thr new phone is stuck in limbo shows zero signal. All Verizon says is “wait a few hours and if it doesn’t activate go into a store.” Grrrrr.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Welp, problems indeed.

Verizon 'helped' me and somehow added a 2nd line to the phone, despite nothing showing up on the portal. I'm going to have to go to a Verizon store to unfuck this shitty activation. So, absolutely NO phone for the next 12 hours at least, JOY.
yeah, it shows up as a second eSIM. I shall have them unfuck it tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Welp, activated sorted itself out over night, and now that activation was done, I was able to delete the other eSIM that Verizon added.

No Verizon store visit required to UnFuck the phone, I did that myself, YAY!

Got the last thing I needed transferred from my old phone, Okta MFA for work got installed, but the authorization for work wasn't there. So I had to log into work portal, remove MFA, and then add a new MFA, scanned QR code on new phone, and boom.

I have now secure erased old phone, and will trade it in to get my $12.5 credit once a month for the next 36 months lol.

Aug 15, 2023
Welp, activated sorted itself out over night, and now that activation was done, I was able to delete the other eSIM that Verizon added.

No Verizon store visit required to UnFuck the phone, I did that myself, YAY!

Got the last thing I needed transferred from my old phone, Okta MFA for work got installed, but the authorization for work wasn't there. So I had to log into work portal, remove MFA, and then add a new MFA, scanned QR code on new phone, and boom.

I have now secure erased old phone, and will trade it in to get my $12.5 credit once a month for the next 36 months lol.
This is why I’ve shy’d away from getting the new stuff on launch day. I’ve had the same issues you have had in the past. Basically phone providers getting overloaded when the new phones launch and it bricks shit for hours. I can wait a few days or weeks now especially when the phones are the same every year.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

You could do this with previous phones, but obviously needed a Lightning to Ethernet adapter. USB-C to Ethernet adapters are way more common.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

You could do this with previous phones, but obviously needed a Lightning to Ethernet adapter. USB-C to Ethernet adapters are way more common.
I’ve done it with my iPad mini by hooking it up to my laptop dock, pretty useless though.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Stupid Comcrap. 5G upload is more than 50% faster than Comcast’s best non fiber cable plan.

1695565171322.png

1695566156913.png

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: radioguy6
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info