Ion Redline

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
May 10, 2010
University Park, IL
Real Name
Charles
Anybody have opinions on these? Supercharged and manual Trans. Friend of mine has one and I was thinking of buying it for my drive to Texas instead of putting the mileage on my GTP.
ab7059d7aba55dafd1a5a9d27dce8c5a.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
My brother bought that car from KJ, well... my parents did. He sold it for a stupid good price. I almost bought the car from my rents and gave my brother one of my other cars because it drove so nice. Those cars are reliable AF. The looks aren't the best, but my other brother has an SS cobalt with a handful of bolt-ons and his redline is actually faster (its stock) because of the 400lb difference in weight. Hate the look, but those extra doors are actually super convenient, you can get in the back seat so easily. I wouldn't hesitate a second to drive one across the country.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I owned a 07 Cobalt SS Supercharged, Mine was sadly a bit of a lemon, but Mechanically was very sound. They have some common 'wear' issue items (Lower control arm bushings come to mind), but nothing to steer clear of them over.

Mine had numerous electrical issues (Heated seats being stuck on, window switches being flaky), and the dealer had significant problems with the steering recalls (3 return trips).

ASIDE from the gremlins in mine, it was a fun and reliable little car. Interior quality is obviously Cobalt/Ion, which is not the pinnacle of craftsmanship, but they came with a lot of content for the money.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I owned a 07 Cobalt SS Supercharged, Mine was sadly a bit of a lemon, but Mechanically was very sound. They have some common 'wear' issue items (Lower control arm bushings come to mind), but nothing to steer clear of them over.

Mine had numerous electrical issues (Heated seats being stuck on, window switches being flaky), and the dealer had significant problems with the steering recalls (3 return trips).

ASIDE from the gremlins in mine, it was a fun and reliable little car. Interior quality is obviously Cobalt/Ion, which is not the pinnacle of craftsmanship, but they came with a lot of content for the money.

This solves that issue. Have them on the cobalt. awesome and easy to install

OTTP Spherical Control Arm Bushings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info