Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ok so....two episodes down. The acting....is not great (Aneesha and her family almost make me want to stop watching). Also, either my stream is jacked or the dialog mix is HORRID. Its very hard to hear conversations. Its also somewhat of a slow burn while the various characters see things unfold from various parts of the world...but fuck if its not suspenseful and keeps me moving in my seat.

Will report back after a few more are under my belt.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Alright, starting to lose interest. Almost to episode 5 and this is less a show about aliens and an invasion and more about bullshit drama of the characters that i watch in any shows on ABC...no one on this show is interesting and they choose to focus on their lives while shit is exploding around them. Cheating, lost loves, bullies, its a bunch of tried and true shit from other shows tossed in a sci fi story. Gonna maybe give ep 5 a watch before ejecting.

Edit: I will say, the little shootout that just went down sounded SO good..oh and we almost kind of maybe sorta saw an alien.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So, like a Walking Dead with aliens.

Damn, I was hoping for another good show from Apple, like For All Mankind.
This show is less about aliens and more about:

Bullying amongst kids
A cheating husband and a family that cant act
American soldiers in the middle east and....something?
lesbians

And none of these stories are even interesting on their own. None of the characters interesting. And most of them cant even act, which makes it worse. If anyone gives this a try, Aneesha and her family are absolutely AWFUL.

I really want to like this because when they ramp the alien part up, it gets tense and I want to learn more. But they spend so much time on a cast of characters basically worrying literally ONLY about their own misery and ignore the world literally exploding around them. Its so weird. Like major cities are exploding and the news is like "welp, must be terrorists" and the characters we're supposed to follow are just off doing their own thing and its not believable.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
There should always be a disclaimer that I am heavily critical of tv shows and movies. HOWEVER, you know the scene in Jurassic Park where Ian says "Now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, right?".....thats basically what Ive been saying in my head each episode...mainly because the tension is there and I want to know wtf is going on but instead of the characters showing the audience what is happening, theyre just worrying about their own, completely irrelevant, problems.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Started watching this and I’ve watched 2 episodes so far: sounds like something happens in a few episodes, so I’ll stick with it.

note: why take a Tesla to leave when power was flickering earlier that night? Not sure if that pays off later but seriously, wtf?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Finally got around to watching this. I'm well into season 2 and I find it interesting.

My critique, and it's not a surprise is that it spent a little too much time in the first half of season 1 going into everyone's backstory, so much so I bet it turned off some viewers. I found myself skipping through some of those scenes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info