Movie Interstellar

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Traveling back into time just isn't possible. I watched a show in which Stephen Hawking explained time travel and explained why traveling back in time is not possible. He also hosted a party for all time travelers in which nobody showed up.... Isn't it obvious? If somebody could travel to the past, wouldn't we have met them by now?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Maybe all the naysayers from 2007-2008 WERE time travelers and they were warning us.

guy-opening-door.gif

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
This movie was fucking amazing in 70mm.

Loved the movie.

As for "cant go backward in time" he never went back in time, he entered a black hole which put him at a higher dimension which had the ability to "access" moments in time. The whole problem about understanding this is that it puts you in the never ending time loop because if he never sent the location through gravity via the higher dimension, then he would have still gone through thr journey but the time line he didnt change would have him not going. That's why he had to find the specific moment thst he knew would actually change the path of that time line in the 3rd dimension.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Il so jealous of those that saw it in IMAX. I still havent seen it. :(

It was amazing IMAX.

There are sections of film that are full of pure dialogue, but while dialogue is going on, the subwoofer is playing these crazy low almost inaudible notes that pound you, yet the dialogue is still crystal clear.

I have it pre-ordered, will get it at the end of this month.

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
Now I'm trying to wrap my head around space, time, woah.

58c6c40c42116e89e5a66a140a3b860d.jpg

If you're truly interested in understanding space-time, read Hawking's book
A Brief History of Time. It explains Relativity although you may need to read it several times. You need to let go of the paradigms you are part of. Not easy but once you do, the possibilities are pretty fascinating. It's why Warp Drive could work.
As for time travel, we see the past constantly. Hubble is likely the most important scientific instrument ever built because it offers us views of the past never possible before.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Bumping an old thread.

Saw Interstellar in the theaters way back when. Wife hated it, but at the time I enjoyed it.

Haven't seen it since, but since Best Buy is having a 4k UHB Blu Ray sale and I just got my theater seating, I popped in the disc last night and watched this.

I had the subwoofer a +0db and the bass at +0, since the wife and kids were watching some reality show upstairs. During that scene as he goes in the black hole, I had to turn it wayyyy up and my house was still rattling a little bit. I may have to rewatch that scene later today on lunch with it turned up and the bass up to really shake the house! Good stuff, plus I realized Jaime from Yellowstone is in this movie!

Thread Info